Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDOME
    @Paul, last night I was playing your game. I tough, lets give it a shot and I must say it looks nice. Only I have on "bug" to report. If all guns are destroyed you cannot shoot/defend the earth. When only 2 rocks/asteroids are flying around it takes a lot of time before they hit the earth. After 5 minutes I stopped the game. Maybe you could make a tiny fix or respawn some guns.
    Hi NecroDOME, I must say your racing game is looking great - I can't wait to try it

Thanks for the 'beta test' and the report, very useful!

Hmm...yeah, I have noticed that sometimes the asteroids move slowly and it takes time for them to hit the earth or leave the screen.

I will try speeding up any asteroids remaining on the screen if you can't fire any more to see if this helps

Thanks again!

cheers,
    Paul

Hey Paul,

I really like "TubeRunner". I just started to make a title image in photoshop. But I'm getting nowhere. I don't know how to fill the text with a gradient and make a bevel at the same time.. Aarrgh..

There are only a few day's left, and I don't think I can make it. Here's my todo list:

> Make HUD
    > Add sounds (and make some sounds, most are done)
    > Program the powerups (they don't do anything now)
    > Make credits screen
    > Add insert coin to menu
    > Make highscores
    > Make title-image
    > Make AI
    > Make player v.s player collision detection and response
    > Tweak the whole thing

I don't think It's realistic to do all these things before sunday. It's causing me stress and I feel tired. On the other hand I want it to be finished (I'm soooo close ). Actually I feel like I have to finish this because otherwise there are too few final entries.

What should I do?

Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Okay... After taking a deep breath and some fiddling and trying I managed to make a nice arcade-ish title image.

Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Okay... After taking a deep breath and some fiddling and trying I managed to make a nice arcade-ish title image.

Very nice! I love it

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Hey Paul,

I really like "TubeRunner". I just started to make a title image in photoshop. But I'm getting nowhere. I don't know how to fill the text with a gradient and make a bevel at the same time.. Aarrgh..

There are only a few day's left, and I don't think I can make it. Here's my todo list:

> Make HUD
    > Add sounds (and make some sounds, most are done)
    > Program the powerups (they don't do anything now)
    > Make credits screen
    > Add insert coin to menu
    > Make highscores
    > Make title-image
    > Make AI
    > Make player v.s player collision detection and response
    > Tweak the whole thing

I don't think It's realistic to do all these things before sunday. It's causing me stress and I feel tired. On the other hand I want it to be finished (I'm soooo close ). Actually I feel like I have to finish this because otherwise there are too few final entries.

What should I do?
    Dang! how annoying to be so close to finishing your entry

hmm...what do to...

Sounds...you could try sfxr (http://www.drpetter.se/project_sfxr.html) which I used for my entry (except for music)...quick and simple for nice arcadish-like sounds

Insert coin is a must (in the rules).

Oops...I need to go get ready for work, sorry!
    cheers,
    Paul

Dang! how annoying to be so close to finishing your entry Sad

hmm...what do to...

Sounds...you could try sfxr (http://www.drpetter.se/project_sfxr.html) which I used for my entry (except for music)...quick and simple for nice arcadish-like sounds Smiley

Insert coin is a must (in the rules).

Oops...I need to go get ready for work, sorry!
    cheers,
    Paul
    Okay.. Maybe there is still hope (considering the fact that I'm taking a day off next friday). Today I made:

> The title image
    > The credits screen (Credits as in "who made this game").
    > Two images (a coin and a wrench) which I'm going to use in my HUD.

Allthough these things were quite easier than say "making the AI", I'm happy with my progress. Hopefully I can keep myself at it.

You can do it!

cheers,
    Paul

Keep it up chronozphere! You've shown excellent progress so far. It would be a shame if you dropped out now

Okay.. Today I made (as planned) the "insert coin" mechanism and cheat-protected highscores. The latter may need to be tested a bit more, but I think it'll do the job.

Sounds like you are almost there!

There is one thing I have to add to mine - actually using the continues that I have coded in when a game has finished

cheers,
    Paul

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast