> Implement all powerups
    > Coin (easy one)
    > Turbo
    > Repair
    > Crate
    > Shield
    > Make AI (probably the most work)
    > Player v.s Player collision
    > The main gameplay mechanisme (countdown, race, gameover / win, enter highscore)

Which probably means no sleep this weekend.
    I can also submit a half finished game in the end. This means that the gameplay is very basic and some powerups have no effect (things like that). I'd like to have 48 hours of extra time, but I probably can't because you allready postponed the deadline.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Keep it going Chrono!! you are gonna make it!!
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Just decided to leave out the enemy players. When I have a few hours left before that deadline, I can still add them. For now, I leave them out.

I've added most of the sounds to the game now. Playing it causes alot of arcade-ish noise haha. Coin powerup works. I've been polishing some graphical effects etc.. This evening I'm planning to get most (if not all) powerups working.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Just decided to leave out the enemy players. When I have a few hours left before that deadline, I can still add them. For now, I leave them out.

I've added most of the sounds to the game now. Playing it causes alot of arcade-ish noise haha. Coin powerup works. I've been polishing some graphical effects etc.. This evening I'm planning to get most (if not all) powerups working.
    Neat

Sounds like you are having more fun than me though...I've just formatted my computer and re-installed Windows XP...now I have to install all my software again

cheers,
    Paul

Sounds like you are having more fun than me though...I've just formatted my computer and re-installed Windows XP...now I have to install all my software again
    Haha.. not entirely true. The last few weeks of this project were quite a struggle and I considered to stop more than once. Especially painstakingly debugging all those collision detection and transformation routines is VEERY nasty. I should have used Newton.

Nevertheless, Hope to finish it today. Just need to add a few features. I'm not going to finetune and polish the whole thing (graphics are allready quite polished anyway) because I don't have time. I want to FINISH this and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Haha.. not entirely true. The last few weeks of this project were quite a struggle and I considered to stop more than once. Especially painstakingly debugging all those collision detection and transformation routines is VEERY nasty. I should have used Newton.

Nevertheless, Hope to finish it today. Just need to add a few features. I'm not going to finetune and polish the whole thing (graphics are allready quite polished anyway) because I don't have time. I want to FINISH this and move on.
    Fair enough...stressing over trying to get a program done isn't much fun at times

I can't wait to play it!

Good luck

cheers,
    Paul

Almost done.

Highscores work. The shield powerup actually generates a nice looking shield around your vehicle and makes it much less vulnerable. Turbo also works.

Finally, I need to add a lap counter. There will be 8 laps in every race with increasing difficulty (which means that your health will regenerate slower and collision will do more damage etc.. but the score per coin and checkpoint bonusses increase). I'll also tune the tracks a bit to make them more challenging (there are 3 tracks now).

Also need to add the engine sound btw

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just to let everyone know, the server is actually running an hour slow (compared to GMT) from what I can see on the competition page, so if in doubt about the time, look at the competition site.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Blog Entries

Last day! Keep at it everyone.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hey everyone!

I know that I'm not the most active participant in this community, but anyway, I have created a little promo movie for our entry FUR.
    It's here!
    http://www.youtube.com/v/wbF0K3jFdr4&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&

The other entries are very cool as well, but ofcourse I hope that we will win

Edit: I accidentally embedded the wrong video -_- now it's the right one with an extra link.
    - NecroSOFT <br />There are many ways to suck<br />- PingWing

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast