Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Just wondering are the results in yet?

@WILL, sorry, we forgot to take a picture I hope I don't forget to make one this evening or else I need to take an old one...
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quick Update

Here's a quick competition update...

One of our guest judges (Vicki from Cengage) has had to pull out due to work commitments, so we have four judges. WILL and Traveler, Yuriy (aka Lifepower) from Ixchel Studios and Teri-ann (aka Spirit) from Outer Reaches Studios.

All the scores are in, I'm just trying to finish off the competition site so we can get it all sorted properly, plus as WILL has mentioned, he's writing an article for Pascal Gamer which I have to provide some content for. I'm still working on that.

Also, as many of you will already know DeleD is going open source, so after talking things over with Jeroen, it's been decided that they will withdraw the prizes they were providing as everyone will be able to download a full copy of their product in January.

From my perspective, this years competition has been a little disappointing in terms of the number of final entries... we had 15 teams I think it was that signed up and provided a design document, but then, even with an extension of 2 months, only 4 teams submitted a final entry. So, this is a request to everyone... what can we do differently next time to improve things. Please email me directly on athena at outer hyphen reaches dot com with your comments and suggestions. The flipside to a lack of final entries is that we could find it more difficult to secure sponsorship if potential sponsors don't think they're going to get value for money. So, improving the turnout is important.

And on that note, I shall get back to working on the competition site, ready to get the results released, so stay tuned
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Great.. I cant wait for the outcome of the compo.

I agree. There were just too few competitors who delivered a final game. I even tried to motivate people (by sending some PM's), allthough I must admit that I had some motivation problems myself in the end. I'm glad I made it though.

I'm hoping that there will be more people competing in 2010.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Great news about the results almost being here!

It's a great pity that only us 4 entrants finished the race, so to speak...

It is also a real shame that all the others didn't finish and most didn't even do progress reports either to help motivate others

I hope this doesn't ruin the competition (or even stop it) next year.

Thanks for all the great work so far Christina

I am waiting with baited breath!
    cheers,
    Paul

Unfortunately I did not participated the competition this year, by the total lack of time and especially for having lost the opportunity to participate from the start!

But I hope that next year it returns, and I wish to participate, or better, I will parcitipate, I will not miss the opportunity to participate it by anything in this world!

Hi all,
    I know it is christmas/new year break and all still, but I am wondering how the judging is progressing?

In the meanwhile, every have a nice day

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries

I'm in the process of preparing a results posting, for release (hopefully) later today. This won't be done on the competition site because quite simply I don't have time to finish it off at the moment (work has taken over my life unfortunately).

So, given I know what it's like to be waiting for the results, I'm going to publish them here as soon as I've finished the article and had one or two questions answered by the judges.

The wait is nearly over :-)

Blog Entries

Results Posted

Hi all... the moment you've been waiting for... the results have been announced here.

Prize List

First place gets:- Genetica Studio Edition, FL Studio - Producer Edition, EZGenerator, Wicked Defence 2, Aztlan Dreams, Userbase, Bouldermouse, Tomb Climber, Codesite, a custom mug and their choice of 3 books from the list below.

Second place gets:- Genetica Professional Edition, FL Studio - Fruity Loops Edition, Wicked Defence 2, Aztlan Dreams, Bouldermouse, Tomb Climber, Codesite, a custom mug and their choice of 2 books from the list below.

Third place gets:- Genetica Lite Edition, Deckadance - House Edition, Wicked Defence 2, Aztlan Dreams, Bouldermouse, Tomb Climber, a custom mug and the remaining book from the list below after 1st and 2nd place have made their choices.

Best Newcomer gets:- A custom mug.

All software is supplied as a single licence (with the exception of Bouldermouse and Tomb Climber - one copy of each per team member is being provided by MagicStorm and the mugs, where one will be provided for each team member), which will be sent to you directly by the sponsors. In the case of teams, please let me know which team member should receive each item.

Book list:-
    AI Game Engine Programming (ISBN: 9781584505723), Awesome Game Creation (ISBN: 9781584505341), Beyond Game Design (ISBN: 9781584506713), Business and Production (ISBN: 9781598638097), Design and Content Creation (ISBN: 9781598638080), Video Game Design Revealed (ISBN: 9781584505624)

Wow...

Yaaaay I won!!

I can't tell you guys how happy I am. Actually I didn't expected this.
    I also wish to congratulate all other competitors on succesfully finishing their entries. Finally I would like to thank the judges for their efforts.

I'm allready looking forward to a competition in 2010. I hope there will be more finishing teams because the ammount of final entrants was a bit dissappointing this year.

Anyway... I'm going to take an aspirine and calm down (headaches and winning the compo don't mix very well lol )
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Still, it was a pretty close call between chronozphere and Paul, and somewhat unexpected.
    Existence is pain

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast