Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    A another <GASP!> update!

http://day-of-destruction.blogspot.com/

cheers,
    Paul
    Already a game over screen? Wow. As for me, I think I'll post updates once every 1-2 weeks; just enough to keep people interested. And I'm probably gonna scratch out going for the arcade ready bonus . I think it'd be annoying, unless actually played in an arcade.
    game over screen? LOL...it was just a test for the larger font! hehe

cheers,
    Paul

Wow! Looking at your progresses I guess I'm a bit late...
    I wasted too much time to make graphics for my game. I have started with the idea to create some raw images and then replace them later on with something better. As a matter of fact, now I have a pretty finished graphics (tiles, sprites, fonts, ...). I have realized that likely I am better in pixel-art than in programming...
    By the way, there is some progress in the code too. The coin handling part is finished, as the main game loop and the transition effect between scenes. Some screen shots will follow soon
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    Wow! Looking at your progresses I guess I'm a bit late...
    I wasted too much time to make graphics for my game. I have started with the idea to create some raw images and then replace them later on with something better. As a matter of fact, now I have a pretty finished graphics (tiles, sprites, fonts, ...). I have realized that likely I am better in pixel-art than in programming...
    By the way, there is some progress in the code too. The coin handling part is finished, as the main game loop and the transition effect between scenes. Some screen shots will follow soon
    Haha, too late? Never. The fun's only just begun. Also, you should know yourself that you didn't waste too much time making graphics... they're more or less the core of the game, and you've still got ~2 1/2 months left. As for my graphics, I don't have a whole lot done Just got the basic outlines for the player & some concept art for enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    Quote Originally Posted by PJP Dev
    Some great progress around here... Screenshots and the works. I seriously need to get a move on and get something to show, except for little drawings of ugly spy dudes. LOL

Title: Intel Spooks
    Progress:
    Everything is going smoothly, but slow. Nothing graphical yet, tonight I'm going to give it a little more...
    And what is wrong with ugly spy dude drawings?!? hahaha lol

I can't wait to see the spy character in the 'flesh' so to speak
    cheers,
    Paul
    Nothing wrong with 'em... lol I'm gonna work hard to get the drawings in full colour and animation. Then pushing 'em into the game, for starts it'll be some flat colours with no shading.

Time to get back to work on this... Been lazy last night...

Just updated my blog with some screen shots. Nothing spectacular, but my work goes on
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Just updated my blog again

cheers,
    Paul

As an aside, I am loving the www.unfuddle.com site I am using to store all my project files on

This is the first time I have used SVN for one of my own projects, and it is great!

I feel much more secure about the project now

PS. I am using one of the free accounts (up to 200mb data, up to 2 people)

cheers,
    Paul

Yep, we both with Paul've used UnFuddle before, but I'd also recommend using XP-Dev.

Another screenshot update

cheers,
    Paul

Looking great! Keep it up

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast