Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Competition site questions/comments

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Competition site questions/comments

Hi Paul,

As I suspected, the software version currently on the site does not support screenshots, so the screenshot isn't there, but I can confirm that the install archive is.

As a general notice, unfortunately, real life has gotten in the way of my attempts to finish the site... I'm still working on it, but I have bills to pay so my job is coming first. I have a few updates I'm going to try and upload later today if I can, one of which is the support for screenshots.

I had hoped to get the site finished by now... unfortunately life likes to throw us curve balls right when we could do without them. Anyhow, good luck to everyone. Hopefully we will get more submissions than just the people who have been posting progress updates etc. on PGD. I'll keep you all appraised of the situation regarding the site and judging.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    Hi Paul,

As I suspected, the software version currently on the site does not support screenshots, so the screenshot isn't there, but I can confirm that the install archive is.

As a general notice, unfortunately, real life has gotten in the way of my attempts to finish the site... I'm still working on it, but I have bills to pay so my job is coming first. I have a few updates I'm going to try and upload later today if I can, one of which is the support for screenshots.

I had hoped to get the site finished by now... unfortunately life likes to throw us curve balls right when we could do without them. Anyhow, good luck to everyone. Hopefully we will get more submissions than just the people who have been posting progress updates etc. on PGD. I'll keep you all appraised of the situation regarding the site and judging.
    No worries Christina, and thanks for the confirmation about the upload...that is a real relief

IF I get time, I will upload a newer version prior to the competition end (I have some quickly added ideas for game variation)...but we'll see if I get around to that

Take care
    cheers,
    Paul

Hi Christina,

No problem. I'll submit my entry when I'm finished (probably a few minutes before the deadline lol ). I'll also mail my entry to you, just to make sure.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries

As an alternative you could offer up an FTP site should the website scripts to upload entries not be completed in time. You simple then have to shut it down (or lock out uploading) on the midnight of whatever timezone you will work off of.

Just an idea...

Keep at it guys you can do it!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just to be clear... the scripts to handle uploads of install ZIPs (and the optional source archive ZIPs) are working correctly. The one thing that isn't available on the site at the moment, is the ability to upload screenshots.

I have an updated version of the script which handles uploads, and I have tested it with a variety of screenshot formats (it resizes the file and compresses it to reduce disk space/bandwidth usage) and it appears to work great, I just need to upload it to the server with a few other bits and pieces a little later today.

If you want to upload a screenshot in the interim (or if you just want to be sure it gets onto the site), you can always email them to me directly at athena at outer hyphen reaches dot com.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Hi Christina, I've uploaded my final submission to the competition site now

cheers,
    Paul

I've tested your upload and it's all there

Looking forward to see the other entries!

Hi, I also uploaded our entry - FUR
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

I just re-uploaded my entry to the competition site.

This is because I had to add an important note in the instructions and a separate read-me file regarding my entry "Day Of Destruction!" and Windows Vista...

When running the .exe on Vista, you need to run it as administrator, otherwise it locks up when it attempts to access the on-line high-scores...at least it did on the only Vista machine I got access to.

I only found this out yesterday...it seems to work just fine if you do this on Vista, and it works ok running it as per normal using XP.

As a bonus, the download has shrunk back down to 6MB instead of 8.8MB though! LOL

cheers,
    Paul

Hi Christina,
    Just curious, is there somewhere that we can download any of the uploaded entries from the competition site so we can try them out ourselves?

Or is this one of your to-do list things?

Great job, BTW, thanks for the site

cheers,
    Paul

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast