Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Competition site questions/comments

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Competition site questions/comments

How about:
    Make a demo, race game, platformer, astroids, you name it.
    Minimum requirements
    - Should have some visual graphics (GDI, windows forms stuff, Direct3D, OpenGL, ...)
    - Should have some sound (DirectSound, OpenAL, ...)
    - Minimum 1 level/scene with a defined begin and end.

No menu required (as this only takes time and can be added later) (adding a menu does not get you bonus points so beginners have a chance too).
    Controlles are also not required as a demo can run without any input. This way you can show off your AI. But there is no limitation of NOT using controls.
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Those are great idea's. I encourage anyone to organize a small compo.

If it's taking place soon, I can't join because ATM I'm drowning in projects lol.
    However, I might do some judging (if it's not too much work) or just give feedback, because I know every game-devver loves that.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    I'm for small, easy competitions, even without prizes. What about a P-ROBOTS tournament? Easy to organize, easy to manage, easy to participate
    yeah! I love this idea even more!! I've always wanted to make or participate in one of these programs before

cheers,
    Paul

Sounds Quite again here
    PGD 2010 - Up
    code your Idea

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's quiet on the competition front because all the admins are really busy I'm afraid. I've hardly stopped since the start of November so I've not even had the time to finish off the competition site, but it is on my list of things to do.

This is why I've basically asked if anyone else wants the challenge of running this years competition... any takers?
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

I hope someone decides to host some competition (whether or not it's the PGD annual). I'm open for almost anything, even programming a game that's just pure AI as someone suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
    I hope someone decides to host some competition (whether or not it's the PGD annual). I'm open for almost anything, even programming a game that's just pure AI as someone suggested.
    I'm tempted...

What about a 3 days (from Friday noon to Monday morning UTC) competition? This is not a promise, though...
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez
    Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
    I'm tempted...

What about a 3 days (from Friday noon to Monday morning UTC) competition? This is not a promise, though...
    Sounds like fun

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567