Thread: Problem with SDL_mixer and Mac OS X

Problem with SDL_mixer and Mac OS X

I've got a weird problem recently using SDL_mixer and Mac OS X (Leopard 10.5.7). Whenever Mix_OpenAudio() is being called, I get an "EInvalid Point: Invalid floating point operation". I had this problem a few weeks back, it went away when changed to frequency to:
    Code:
    Mix_OpenAudio(44100, MIX_DEFAULT_FORMAT, 2, 4096);
    Now I've been trying out different frequencies, formats, channels etc. for the last day and a half, but I'm still getting invalid floating point operations and it's getting frustrating now. (Especially since it's for a semi-commercial project with a strict deadline.)
    There is no difference if I use the framework method or compile it against Fink. Whats even more weird than that, it doesn't work with C++ either. Is the SDL_mixer framework corrupted?

Edit: Just recompiled the SDL_mixer framework from source and it's still not working.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Re: Problem with SDL_mixer and Mac OS X

Do you have SDL_Mixer sample code somewhere? If that code works you can compare it to your source and find the differences. Maybe ask on gamedev.net? There must be more people using SDL_Mixer on Mac OSX, no doubt.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Re: Problem with SDL_mixer and Mac OS X

It seems that issue was a problem of Mac OS X 10.5.7.
    Just upgraded to 10.5.8 and everything is working fine now.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.