Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: character's texture ????

character's texture ????

Hi....

I designed a character in 3DSMAX then I exported as MD3 , when I opened it in Delphi and load the texture the details disappear like in the face you can't see the details of noise or mouth ... , when I removed the texture all details appear .
    my question can I view the character with texture in Delphi like it in 3DSMAX
    because in 3DSMAX the character with texture and all the details appear

Thanks

Re: character's texture ????

There is probably something wrong with your MD3 loader or your render code.

Make a simple model first (with texture and stuff) and try to export it to MD3 and load it in your delphi app. Does it look OK?

Testing with e.g a simple cube makes it easier to see what the actual problem is.

Can you show us a screenshot?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Thanks for answering me

this is a screenshot

You see the difference colors between Delphi and Max, I want it to view in delphi as it in Max

The only difference is a light object used to render the model, in 3dsmax there is a dumy light object that project nice shades, do the same in glscene, add a light object and render the scene again.

The scene has a light object , but as you said it's about shades , are there any way to make shades in glscene like Max ??

Quote Originally Posted by programmer
    The scene has a light object , but as you said it's about shades , are there any way to make shades in glscene like Max ??
    You already use same shades, the light/material parameters are just set differently. Even if you used pixel shader (which i don't think 3dsmax uses) you need the parameters similar to vertex shader and it wouldn't look that much different.

There is some ambient kind of light that is too bright, change direction and position of light to see it differently.

I changed the position of light but nothing changed

Note : I tried the "CgShader" component after I changed some parameters and it's work in one design but the other it doesn't work it's just make the color of the character black

I think my problem with Shades not with light , I mean I have to add a shades to the character but I don't now how ..

is there any another way to do like "CgShader" component do??

thanks

I am sure the problem is a light object or materials, the picture from 3dsmax has nothing especial, just a model with a bulb light on in.

It is not just the position of your light object, it is also the color properties of the material or light object, that is ambient,diffuse,specular color properties. You have to setup the scene in a way where the ambient color is dark, and then put a light object in front of the model with a nice diffuse bright color, be sure the light object coverage (the radius) properties reach the model, you will know your are setuping correct if the model looks dark except in the front faces where light radius reach.

please could you make an example for me

this is the character
    http://www.geocities.com/floutf/Girl.zip

thanks

please help me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast