Quote Originally Posted by programmer
Question ?
Just about the server , what is it , I mean is it a program put on the website and all the clients connect with it or I can make it like for example a MYSQL Database in that way all clients can send and save there positions to the Database and the other take that positions from the same Database and update the players positions
If you want to host the server properly, then in most cases it will be either a service application (for Windows) or a daemon (for Linux). It will run on a server and your clients would connect to it using a specific TCP/IP port. It would be good to wrap the entire server in a self contained class, so during development, you can run it in a normal application (debugging services isn't nice) and then when it's ready for use, wrap it in a service.

Depending on your game and the volatility of the game universe (ie. the frequency with which things change during normal game play), you'll probably find that using anything other than a dedicated server application isn't fast enough. My on-line game uses MySQL as it's storage medium, but it is entirely web based with updates only occuring when players change things via the web interface and the hourly updates which make time pass in the game.