Hm, I was in the middle of doing that too. (I wasn't sure if you could have a class of a class, but wanted to try because it made sense for this)

When I do assign SecondOverride (through "spr.onDraw := TMySprite.secondOverride;"), it seg faults on that line where it sets the color variable... to narrow it down, I just used another variable, "Alpha := 255;" to make sure the rgb function wasn't the cause, but it seems that any variable of the parent's parent (TImageSpriteEx) causes the crash. I believe I can set the parent's variables just fine (like xspeed)

Is that typical for this type of situation? I believe I could devise some sort of dirty workaround, but just wanted to double check.

I believe this one is my own fault, although I'm not sure exactly why setting the Alpha/Color variables in certain areas causes the seg fault, but doesn't in others (If I set Alpha in the actual DoDraw event, and not a function called from it, it works, as well as setting the Alpha during Andorra's drawing procedure)... but this is probably more on the side of an Andorra tweak now.