Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (game)Heli In Trouble(UP) Bad LINK :(

(game)Heli In Trouble(UP) Bad LINK :(

Hi folks .
    this is my small game i code today with HGE 4 Delphi
    right mouse start game
    left mouse apply force on hely

new collide system by Rects and level
    but this is just 1 demo you can modify the map whit http://tilemap.co.uk/zipfiles/mapwin1422.zip

http://www.box.net/shared/7gcpkgo8pe

Never underestimate the power of Delphi.
    <br />There's those who play games,...and then there's who make games...

Re: (game)Heli In Trouble

Looks like fun, well done

I've downloaded, but haven't tried it yet

cheers,
    Paul

Not a very enjoyable experience There is no difficulty curve, you're thrown right into a difficult spot from the beginning. You also seemed to be using bounding box collision detection vs. pixel perfect... and the lack of precision is sometimes frustrating.

I really didn't make it far in this game. I died on the first 2 obstacles the majority of times I tried to play. (Also, you can get stars as you're dying) I also somehow seemed to have managed to kill the particle system as well. It just stopped showing particles randomly.

The only other thing I can say really is that you seemed to limit the player considerably. There's no fun in deciding which way to go to avoid an obstacle, because if I didn't go the way you planned on me going, I died.

Anyway, it's a good start. I think it could just use a bit more polish

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
    Not a very enjoyable experience There is no difficulty curve, you're thrown right into a difficult spot from the beginning. You also seemed to be using bounding box collision detection vs. pixel perfect... and the lack of precision is sometimes frustrating.

I really didn't make it far in this game. I died on the first 2 obstacles the majority of times I tried to play. (Also, you can get stars as you're dying) I also somehow seemed to have managed to kill the particle system as well. It just stopped showing particles randomly.

The only other thing I can say really is that you seemed to limit the player considerably. There's no fun in deciding which way to go to avoid an obstacle, because if I didn't go the way you planned on me going, I died.

Anyway, it's a good start. I think it could just use a bit more polish
    i just code this game in 2 hours just 4 fun , i see 1 flash game like this and i try 2 make the same

Hi

Wow, in 2 hours for dev ? Impressive !
    I like the multi layer scroll
    But it's very hard : 6 sec survival, 15 try ! )

Hi djoker,

excuse me for the question, your "HGE 4 Delphi" is shareable with source code?

Thanks in advance
    Sesilla

Yes, it's quite nice for 2 hours. I wasn't sure whether or not you planned to expand this game further or not, or if it was just a quick test of HGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesilla
    Hi djoker,

Thanks in advance
    Sesilla
    +1 for this question.
    And good work on that little game, even though it was only meant as a side job.

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
    Yes, it's quite nice for 2 hours. I wasn't sure whether or not you planned to expand this game further or not, or if it was just a quick test of HGE.
    as I said before I saw this kind of game in a gaming site of flash and tried to do the same for the engine test

Quote Originally Posted by Sesilla
    Hi djoker,

Thanks in advance
    Sesilla
    not for now.

the whole process done with this engine have many external dependencies(Free Libs) that I programmed and joined the HGE.
    may later be able to release the source
    Best Regard,
    Luis Santos AKA Djoker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast