There has been a lot of talk going over section 3.3.1 on the Wax group over the past few hours/days. Since Wax is basically Lua for the iPhone but is still written in C (that's pure C) they are trying to decide exactly how this will affect the project.

General feeling in the group is most people (if this keeps up) are going to switch to Droid/HTC development. The feeling is that basically Apple is trying to put the hurt on projects like Corona SDK. The idea being that if you can only write in Obj-C then its harder to port an application to another platform.

IE: FPC definitely falls under the new exclusions and, yep, you can't put your pascal based projects into the iPhone app space nor (according to the OR switch) even run them on your own iPhone.

A pascal cross compiler is easily achievable (we did this while I was at block), but modifying FPC is the wrong mindset IMHO. If your going to build a cross compiler for pascal -> C or any other language then start from scratch. This lets you make use of (or at least surface some of) the stuff available in both languages that the other may or may not directly support.

All things considered, I'm surprised that Apple is making this move, ok, no I'm not.

If someone want's to have a serious go at building a language for the iPhone that crosses over to Obj-C I'm in, but if that's the move lets make it cross for HTC/Droid as well

- Jeremy