Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow
You WASTE MONEY on vBull you can pretty much guarantee it will DECREASE how often I come here - have you SEEN the TRAIN WRECK of bloated bull version 4 is saddled with? Lands sake the damned forum index of maybe 3k of text content is a megabyte download! Between the endless AJAX for nothing, abuse of ordered lists on obviously tabular data, nonsensical heading orders and obvious content cloaking effectively shooting oneself in the foot so far as SEO is concerned - They've got giant brass balls charging money for that ****.
If you want to be taken seriously when presenting "rational analyses" like this I would suggest you don't shout as much, focus more on the facts of the situation and lose your obvious sense of superiority when it comes to matters of web development. With all due respect, you are not some all seeing all knowing god of web development, despite what you may think!

We (the admins) have discussed our choice of forums extensively, and we have access to a full vB4 installation (I'm currently porting my own forums to vB4 so I've given WILL, Traveler and Savage access) so we can get a feel of what it's like and what it can do, and well... WILL and I like it because we can see the potential for it to free the admin team from having to look after the mechanics of the site so much (we won't have to worry about integrating bits and pieces which ultimately lead to a site that is prone to security problems because it's such a pain to update) and get back to what we like best... making content and other fun stuff for the community.

If we upgrade and you don't visit simply because we're using vB4, then really, thats a little childish and the only real loser in that situation will be you and if you really think it's a bad choice, present us with reasoned arguments and we'll listen... not this kind of aggressive put-down crap that you seem to like posting.

On the subject of the facts of the situation... I'd like to know which forum you visited where the index page is a megabyte download... my plain vanilla out of the box install with my forums on is significantly, read hundreds of kilobytes, less than a megabyte, so I've not noticed any problems with page size, and I have to say... I've never noticed any problems with page size (even when I was running a beta of my game and the forums for the game down a 56K modem).