- Help purchase better competition prizes for PGD Annual and other events. You know we have had some great sponsors in past years for our competitions, but wouldn't you really rather win a sound or graphics card instead? Or many other options and cool things we could do if PGD had the cash to fund future competition events themselves.
I don't think this is really neccesary. I just recieved the books I won and I'm very happy with them. I've got approx 1000$ worth of prizes if i'm not mistaking, which I think is alot.

What we need is more people to join the competitions. Last competition was a bit dissappointing because there were very few competitors (this wasn't caused by lack of "good" prizes, I'm quite sure of that). It's all about showing your progress and commenting on progress of others. That's what makes PGD a great place to be.

I think that advertizing is the way to go here. More interesting content, like games, tutorials, the PascalGamer magazine will also attract programmers.

Unfortunately most new programmers are drawn towards C# and XNA, I-phone development or other fancy game-engines that have nothing to do with pascal. That's probably because those communities are bigger which means: more tutorials, more tools, more people who can help etc...