Thread: Is the development of GLScene Stopped ?

Is the development of GLScene Stopped ?

Thats my question

Re: Is the development of GLScene Stopped ?

Yep, GLScene may look dead, but they're still working on it. I noticed they're trying to modify the core to use the latest standards (i.e. OpenGL 3.x).

GLScene used to be a really nice set of VCL components not even for starters, but for professionals, too. Nowadays, it lost its potential, but it doesn't mean it's useless! On the contrary, I personally know a guy who made some decent cash for writing a simulator and he used GLScene in his project! It clearly proofs that GLScene is suitable for a 3D game and you can really make a good one - anyone remember AirBlast by Eric Grange?

i simply ask this question bcs i want to start a project with this library.

It is a multi frontend in opengl.
    I see the examples and suit in my needs.

But i dont know if i found any help when i stuck somewhere.

And is good news that someone try to make it better.

Thanks for your reply...

Blog Entries

GLScene is great. If you want help understanding/learning OpenGL you can also go check out the NeHe site as they have lots of tutorials explaining the API. Plus all their demos are translated in dozens of different languages, including Object Pascal. (aka Delphi)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    GlScene is far from dead, in fact development is more active right now than it has been for quite some time. They've pretty much finalized Lazarus support, included direct support for Newton Dynamics (a physics engine).

The latest reccomened release (http://sourceforge.net/projects/glscene/files/) is from this very month, I'm going to be investigating it in great detail, Cast II (http://www.casteng.com/) and GLScene are two of the most game ready 3D environments currently available for Delphi, FreePascal/Lazarus.

I strongly advise learning the basics of GLScene, when you grasp it's design you'll find it very easy to prototype all kinds of ideas. It's also an excellent tool to help understand the advantages an object orientated design can give you in terms of flexiblity
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Sorry, but you needed to bump 2 years old thread because..? Just checking GLScene project, which was also found from your link, provides its own source. And had activity just 1 day ago.