Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experimental Gameplay

Re: Experimental Gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer
    This month's theme is "HIGH VELOCITY"!

I intend to participe this month! Good luck to you all!
    Sounds like a neat theme, but I have no idea what I would do game-wise
    You could always make a sequel to your PGD Annual game. What happens to all of those asteroids that fell and hit Earth? You could do a tower defence type of game where you set up limited defence structures and countermeasures kind of like a Tower Defence game. Only it's (high velocity) meteorites falling from the sky and the more protected you can make the city (or cities), the further along you go in the game.

I should work for a major game studio.
    Could be a neat idea chief

cheers,
    Paul

When I think "High Velocity" I think of Pool Balls, Trick Shots, and other things dealing with controlled high velocity. Maybe make a game where you have to aim a projectile through a course and select the proper velocity to get it through.

Advanced versions could include multiple projectiles with different launch times, velocities, etc... So you cause a ricochet against projectiles and environments.

Not that I have time right now to compete, but there is my idea

- Jeremy

Well, as I mentioned I don't know of any easy to implement physics engines for pascal and Andorra/SDL, so I'll probably cheat and use GM instead of Pascal if I get around to making a game for this.

Interested in my idea? (I'll probably get around to making this game eventually if I can't this month)
    In my game, you will be in control of an elevator, making it crash into the ground as fast as possible through brake failure, line snapping, weight overload, rockets, etc. That's the gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
    Well, as I mentioned I don't know of any easy to implement physics engines for pascal and Andorra/SDL, so I'll probably cheat and use GM instead of Pascal if I get around to making a game for this.

Interested in my idea? (I'll probably get around to making this game eventually if I can't this month)
    In my game, you will be in control of an elevator, making it crash into the ground as fast as possible through brake failure, line snapping, weight overload, rockets, etc. That's the gist of it.
    I have been looking at the delphi port of box2d, that seems really neat - 2d only of course but still...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/box2d-delphi/

The demos are very very good!

hmm..that elevator idea seems like fun too

cheers,
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12