Hi. Sorry for this long time to answer but I was wasting my time in things that finally doesn't be useful (except an HTML5 example I wrote).

Quote Originally Posted by EmbranceII View Post
Will you rewrite some of the docs to match the changes that are done in Pascal verion of Allegro vs the C/C++ one?
I try to keep the documentation up-to-date, and it's slightly different than the original Allegro. Actually there are some procedures, functions and variables that behave a bit different than the original.

For example: in C you do:
Code:
if (allegro_init ()) ManageError ("Can't init Allegro");
While in Pascal you do:
Code:
IF NOT al_init THEN ManageError ('Can''t init Allegro');
Which is just the opposite. All that is documented.

I know there are some lacks in the documentation, specially it lacks of "See also" links.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
How much cross platform compatibility is there? Ie. Can I run it natively on Linux and Mac? Just wondering...
Actually I didn't tested it because my G4 dead some years ago, but AFAIK it should work, but you must do some work:
  • Install Allegro and Free Pascal (obviously )
  • Get Allegro.pas and edit the file albase.pas adding a new "ALLEGRO_SHARED_LIBRARY_NAME" for MacOS (You'll see I've added a "TODO" note mentioning MacOS X ). It should be the name of the dylib file.
  • Use the "make" file to build the examples and demo game, or compile them using your favourite IDE.
  • Tell me what happened and the patch so I can add it to the next release.

Note that Allegro itself doesn't work perfectly on MacOS. Also Lazarus has some problems on this platform. So be kind and don't blame me a lot if it doesn't work.

About Linux, it's my platform so it works like a charm.
Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
How are those small game demos coming too btw? It's always nice to have a few examples that you can play around with when starting with a new game library/engine.
Yes, I know, I should do some small game demos... Actually I have two games (one is this one ) but both are too large. I had some small game ideas but I never feel the motivation.