Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexland translation

Alexland translation

So, I've been working on a new version of Alexland (topic 'ere: click) for some time now and I thought it would be nice to make use of the game's langsys and ask here if anyone would like to translate it.

http://svgames.pl/trash/alex-trans.zip
    Link to the translation pack. Now, for you daredevils, a few tips:

• The files are written using UTF-8. Any language is welcome (except Polish, which is my native language).

• In en.txt, replace the first line with "[language] translation by [your nick]", or something like this. (I mean, translate it too.)

• Generally, you don't have to translate everything literally - if you can translate it literally, but it'll sound stupid, or you can go for a free translation - choose the "free" option.

• In en.txt, don't exceed 50... 54 characters per line.

• In en.txt, "Regeneration" to "Flash" are bonus names, and then there are weapon names - as I said, if you can't think of a literal translation, you can give your imagination a chance here. ;)

• As for en-achie.txt: this file contains descriptions for achievements, which can be seen in achievements.png. There are 5 lines of text for every achievement; the first 5 lines are, uh, welcome text? when entering the achievements screen.

• Achievement description goes like this: achievement name (printed in bigger font), three lines of description (please leave a space in empty lines), while the last line describes how can you gain this achievement. Achievement name can be 25 characters max; description - 41 characters per line max.

• Achievement descriptions are laid-back and often contain some references to music, films et cetera. Here the "no need to be literal" thing applies the most, so as I said - feel free to use your imagination. Still, if you are writing completely new text, try to somehow refer to the achievement's image.

• If you feel like it, you can also include your country's flag as a 50x30 pix .png - this will save me some work.

• I'm planning to release v.1.2 on either 19.06 or 20.06, so, as You can guess, the deadline would be something like 18.06 midnight.

Oh, and yes, my English isn't all that perfect, so there can be some grammar mistakes or wrong words; if you have any doubts what does a certain sentence mean, or you spot a mistake - please post here.

Blog Entries

Re: Alexland translation

hmm, dont know how much I help I can be, since my grammar and spelling is awful, but would you be interested in a french version?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

As I said, any language is welcome. If you want to try, go for it. I'll be happy to include your work into the game.

Blog Entries

er, is this just me or is it when I click on the the link I get a 404 not found error?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Works fine for me. ;_;

Blog Entries

translation all done:

french translation:

code_glitch
    INITIALIZATION REUSI
    Nouveau Jeux
    Options
    Quitter
    Resolution
    Mode Graphique
    En Fenetre
    Plein Ecran
    Volume Sons
    Volume Musique
    Identite Jouer
    Vitesse de Dessin
    Touches
    Fleches
    Audio
    Activer
    Desactiver
    Transparence de l'interface
    Aucun
    Fleche
    Rectangle
    Appliquer
    Annuler
    Fin de Jeux
    Hé, oui, c'est le destin du soldat à mourir.
    Peut-être plus de chance la prochaine fois.
    Pourtant, vous méritez un petit monument commémoratif.
    Indiquer votre nom
    Des scores élevés
    Nom
    Score
    Temps
    Date
    Retourner aux jeux
    Menu Principale
    Quitter
    Credits
    Contexte chroma
    Choisisez le niveau de difficulté
    Quelle partie est la gâchette?
    Jour comme tous les autres
    Vous avez un problème avec moi?
    Arme
    Realisations
    Scores Locaux
    Scores Net
    Veuillez Patientez
    Initalizion SDL_net...
    Connection en cours...
    Enregistrement du score...
    Telechargement de scores...
    Initialisation SDL_net échoué.
    Connection échoué.
    Tache échoué.
    Tache Invalide.
    Votre version du jeu n'est pas à jour.
    Characters
    Selection de personnage.
    Regeneration
    Super Rapide
    Invulnerable
    Tire Rapide
    Munitions sans fin
    Super Dommages
    Bouclier
    Paralyzation
    Vie
    Bombe Nuclear
    Flash
    Colt M1911
    Thomspon
    Uzi
    Fusil de chasse
    Désintégrateur
    Lance-roquettes
    Grille-pain
    Double-canon
    Bâtard
    Fryer
    lanceur Shrapnel

hope this helps, i know there are a few mistakes. but whatever helps you...

cheers,
    code_glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Super Vegeta
    In en.txt, replace the first line with "[language] translation by [your nick]", or something like this.
    Other than this - thank you. If you want to, you can also try to translate en-achie.txt, but, well, that's a lot more text to do. :d

Blog Entries

for the nick thing, do you mean insert code_glitch on line 1 or [your nick]?

also, I think achievements are best left in english personally because that way, its a bit more original and keeps its context... although the descriptions could change no problem. Even if you dont want to keep them the same, i know how you feel since it is your game and you may feel it is incomplete with some parts in english.

cheers,
    code_glitch

I mean insert "code_glitch" - this is my way of giving the translator a credit, the "translation by someone" text is displayed in the game's main menu.

As for the achievements, well, I think it is impossible to translate everything literally - as a popular Polish phrase goes, "Tłumaczenia się jak kobiety - wierne nie są piękne, piękne nie są wierne" ("translations are like women - true aren't beatufil, beatiful aren't true"). ;) Thus, it's better to have a full translation, rather than keep parts in English. Note that my native language is not English, so even the eng text is a translation, and is somehow different from the original. =)

Blog Entries

all done with the edit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast