Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2010 Ideas Folks?

Re: PGD Annual 2010 Ideas Folks?

Hmm.. You're saying that we should develop robot-war frameworks, that can be played by other programmers? That sounds even more complex. :?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Why? Just develop some basic framework and allow the gamers to control their bots using built-in functions, like:
    Code:
    DistToTarget()
    GetHPLevel()
    GetStaminaLevel()
    BuildPath(whereTo)

I have two ideas:

Multiplaying : It offers great fun and can be applied to any kind of game like shooter, adventure, racing, platform, cards...

A.I. - Not only bot fighting, but have A.I. as theme, imagine all kind of game with strong A.I. It's really challenging and atractive.
    Developer of Mundo Project - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamemundo/

Quote Originally Posted by Brainer
    Why? Just develop some basic framework and allow the gamers to control their bots using built-in functions, like:
    Code:
    DistToTarget()
    GetHPLevel()
    GetStaminaLevel()
    BuildPath(whereTo)
    Well, yeah It could be possible. Everyone needs to familiarize himself with a scripting package like lua or the one from RemSoft. It also depends on how complex you make the game.

My biggest problem is that your target audience is very small. You can't easily play against friends and family unless you live in CodeVille.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

As you know, I never finished any PGD because lack of time, so I'll go to the simplest:

"One-screen-only game". You know, as the good old times: Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Mario Bros. (G&W), Alley Cat, ... It can be combined with the other ideas from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling
    Canned graphics; get a set of canned graphics and build a game around them. Lost Garden has put up LOTS of free graphics and held a few challenges like this, all have been fairly successful and it never ceases to amaze me how many categories people cover.

Procedural Generation; a majority of the game must be procedurally generated. Yeah... Didn't get much further than that with the idea.
    I love these ideas too.

Canned graphics would save a lot of time as we don't need to draw/create/look for graphics. Add sound FX to the pack.

Procedural Generation is also a great idea. I've seen some very nice prodedural-starships out there. Also sounds and maps. The last (procedural maps) would save time too as no map-editor is needed.
    No signature provided yet.

Indeed, I was thinking a bit more about the procedural compo idea.

There are several area's where procedural content can be used. Images, sounds, maybe 3d-models and maps. Bonus points can be given if the entry contains multiple procedural systems.

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez
    "One-screen-only game". You know, as the good old times: Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Mario Bros. (G&W), Alley Cat, ... It can be combined with the other ideas from this thread.
    I like this one. It provides a limitation that will prevent allmost anyone from choosing a too big project but it still allows for some interesting games.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio
    I like this one. It provides a limitation that will prevent allmost anyone from choosing a too big project but it still allows for some interesting games.
    I love this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBow
    I love this idea!
    I like this one
    <resumes lurker status>
    edit: Oh, first post here after being registered three years.
    Hi, and all that.
    *blink*

Quote Originally Posted by mikade
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBow
    I love this idea!
    I like this one
    <resumes lurker status>
    edit: Oh, first post here after being registered three years.
    Hi, and all that.
    At least you made your first post count LOL welcome to the world of voice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast