Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TileStudio for Lazarus

Blog Entries
    Not a bad idea. I'd just make sure that you don't have a huge window clutter. Maybe allow for some tool bar management options too? Allow users to save their tool bar layout perhaps?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Not sure if I've understood you.

For window management I'll add a "window list" menu option as in Delphi/Lazarus. May be also a button or option to "order" them.

About save tool bar layout, actually the Lazarus' toolbar component is very "static", but I was planned to investigate a way to modify it.

I'll post news here when I have something to show.
    No signature provided yet.

Sorry for the delay

I'm unsure if it could be of some use anymore, but for the record, I finally dusted my external HDD and this is my tile studio for lazarus

As I already said, it compiles fine and it somewhat works
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries
    erm, just read this thread for the first time, and read its 'slow' on wine. Now, although that is TRUE on wine < 1.2.x; I just finished installing and optimizing my new wine 1.3.6 which although being unfriendly to .Net and the like, I can report that an SU4100 with 4gb DDR3 ram seems to cope quite well on Ubuntu 10.10 (using an ATi Radeon HD4330). Although I can still see some slugishness and reluctance on maps larger than 500x500 with large tile sizes. The lazarus version seems to cope a lot better but my window just vanished (I guess thats a crash right?)... What version of wine were you using at the time and what core 2? I've noticed something funny: My 1.3ghz SU4100 cpu with 18 windows open at 40% max CPU runs around 60% faster than a 2.4ghz E6600; which should in theory thrash it in every benchmark. Is it just me or ar Ghz not the complete picture and the flops thing really accurate?

Sorry its a bit off topic, but if its down to wine 1.3.6 beta's optimization vs the older versions, you may not need to port it after all. And I found one thing so far: most of my apps work BETTER in wine than on windows. Funny isnt it? I have this new policy now: Get as many windows binaries as possible and benchmark them on a Turion RM-70 x2 64 2ghz with win7 ultimate x64 and wine 1.3.6 on ubuntu 10.10x64 with a SU4100 @ 1.3ghz

Isnt life ironic?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Sorry for the delay

I'm unsure if it could be of some use anymore, but for the record, I finally dusted my external HDD and this is my tile studio for lazarus

As I already said, it compiles fine and it somewhat works
    Thanks. I've downloaded but I couldn't compile it. May be it uses Windows libraries and I'm using Xubuntu :$. BTW my Lazaus is doing estrange things lately, as say it can't find the "form.pp" file while it did open that file by itself. (?)

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    erm, just read this thread for the first time, and read its 'slow' on wine. Now, although that is TRUE on wine < 1.2.x; I just finished installing and optimizing my new wine 1.3.6 which although being unfriendly to .Net and the like, I can report that an SU4100 with 4gb DDR3 ram seems to cope quite well on Ubuntu 10.10 (using an ATi Radeon HD4330). Although I can still see some slugishness and reluctance on maps larger than 500x500 with large tile sizes. The lazarus version seems to cope a lot better but my window just vanished (I guess thats a crash right?)... What version of wine were you using at the time and what core 2? I've noticed something funny: My 1.3ghz SU4100 cpu with 18 windows open at 40% max CPU runs around 60% faster than a 2.4ghz E6600; which should in theory thrash it in every benchmark. Is it just me or ar Ghz not the complete picture and the flops thing really accurate?
    Well, I'm using Xubuntu, and Canonical's Linux isn't "the best of the best". Actually I find it's slower and less profiled than Debian itself (I'm testing Debian in my old IBM PentiumIV 1.8 Ghz without accelerated graphics and its slightly faster than my Dell CoreDuo T6400 2.0Ghz with accelerated Nvidia graphics, except OpenGL obviously).

The Wine I'm using is 1.2, as it is in Canonical's repository.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Sorry its a bit off topic, but if its down to wine 1.3.6 beta's optimization vs the older versions, you may not need to port it after all. And I found one thing so far: most of my apps work BETTER in wine than on windows. Funny isnt it? I have this new policy now: Get as many windows binaries as possible and benchmark them on a Turion RM-70 x2 64 2ghz with win7 ultimate x64 and wine 1.3.6 on ubuntu 10.10x64 with a SU4100 @ 1.3ghz

Isnt life ironic?
    This reminds me when I used to use OS/2. It has the ability to run Win16, Win32s and non NT Win32 applications, and applications that break my Windows 3.11 or my Windows 98/SE did work almost perfectly in my OS/2; and if they break then I didn't need to reboot OS/2. Actually I develop my first Windows applications in OS/2. THAT is ironic.

I think it's a constant.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 07-11-2010 at 10:19 AM.

I almost forgot this project.

See. It's able to import tilesets:
    mapedit1.jpg
    As you see, the import dialog is simpler than TileStudio's one. Also it uses Allegro.pas internally. This limits it a bit but I'm used to the API. Once everything works I see how to use a better graphics lib (i.e. Vampyre).

I'm having some issues with the PaintBoxes. When I change the width/height of tiles, the tile sample is re-rendered over the actual sample tile. Don't know why.

Map edition is done. It doesn't edit everything I planned but does basic edition.
    mapedit2.jpg
    The small black squares are a bug. I'm using next code to draw "void" tiles:
    Code:
    WITH ImageMap.Canvas DO
    BEGIN
      Brush.Color := clInactiveCaption;
      Brush.Style := bsSolid;
      Rectangle (TX , TY, TX + TW, TY + TH);
      Pixels[TX, TY] := clBlack;
      Pixels[TX + TW - 1, TY + TH - 1] := clWhite;
    END;
    It should draw a gray square and two points, but it draws a gray square with black border. Don't know why.

[edit] Fixed. I forgot the "Pen" property.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 27-03-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Try and set the pen.style to psClear;
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio View Post
    Try and set the pen.style to psClear;
    I've edited the message while you wrote your answer.

Yes, the problem was that I forgot the "Pen" property. Thanks.

Last weekend I did fixed some bugs, added some brushes and added save and load map files in internal default format (not customizable yet). When I finished the user manual I decided that I don't like the way I planned to manage map layers and that the way that TileStudio manages map layers is much better, so I didn't released it yet because the internal file format is obsolete before to be released.

So, next milestone is to re-define that internal file format. Once I implement it I'll release version 0.1, just to allow you to test it and tell me what do you think about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast