Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TileStudio for Lazarus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    No problem. I think a remake of a Tile Studio editor/loader is pretty neat. Mike Weiring did a great job with the original, but it lacked some documentation that might have helped, specifically in the loading, to myrecolection. I would just stress that ease of use would have to be the same when it comes to the interface or people will become discouraged from using it. Also what I felt missing was different default tiles in various sizes. 16x16, 32 x 32 and possibly 64 x 64 would be helpful for people to get to know the tool and experiment a bit. I can't quite recall if Tile Studio comes with default tiles.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

It would be interesting to try Lazarus Converter for Delphi applications. I see from svn log messages in Lazarus trunk that there has been lot of work on it recently.
    blog: http://alexionne.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    No problem. I think a remake of a Tile Studio editor/loader is pretty neat. Mike Weiring did a great job with the original, but it lacked some documentation that might have helped, specifically in the loading, to myrecolection. I would just stress that ease of use would have to be the same when it comes to the interface or people will become discouraged from using it. Also what I felt missing was different default tiles in various sizes. 16x16, 32 x 32 and possibly 64 x 64 would be helpful for people to get to know the tool and experiment a bit. I can't quite recall if Tile Studio comes with default tiles.
    I can't remember it. I'm sure it has definition files to save projects in different formats.

Quote Originally Posted by alexione View Post
    It would be interesting to try Lazarus Converter for Delphi applications. I see from svn log messages in Lazarus trunk that there has been lot of work on it recently.
    Actually I did used Lazarus Converter. It does the conversion missing few things to fix by hand. The result compiles but just doesn't run. I shows the main window but if you click anywhere the program freezes. As I've said I've played with the source code but it was so complex (main form has hundreds of controls), has few comments, most object names are the default ones (i.e: "MenuItem10", etc.), it's hard to follow by myself.
    No signature provided yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12