The forum and topic graphics - icons and colors are now super-unclear on indicating what is new and what was already read.
I agree that the Icons on the forums could be made alot clearer, but I don't see why you shouldn't just use the "what's new" button?

Also there's still too many forum sections, i said this around 5 years ago.. there's forum sections with like 30 threads total and last updated earlier than 2010.. In essence the forum still looks like a mess
This has obviously nothing to do with vBulletin. But I agree. we could remove a few forum sections, for example:

> Jobs and resum?©s (noone seems to use it)
> PP Compiler forum
> Kylix IDE/Compiler forum
> XCESS GD kit forum

It seems to me that only popular libaries (and those with alot of threads) deserve their own subforum.
Also, the whole sound/music section could be merged into one subforum. Same for the story/documentation and graphics/modelling sections.
We should keep in mind the PGD forums are mainly geared towards programmers. Artists and storywriters will most likely ask their questions at Gamedev.net or somewhere else. I rather see 10 subforums that are actively used than 30 subforums that are deserted and outdated.

I'm pretty sure that merging forums can be cumbersome (never done it myself), so I don't expect anything to happen soon. Just saying that I agree with delfi's point.