Thread: Pixel - A cross-platform commercial image editor

Pixel - A cross-platform commercial image editor

Pixel is a commercial image editor written using FreePascal.
    <blockquote>

Pixel is a RGB, CMYK and HDR image editing, photo retouching and manipulating program available for many operating systems formerly known as Pixel32. It is available for Windows, Linux, MacOSX, BeOS, Zeta, QNX, MorphOS, Solaris, eComStation and even old plain DOS, for both x86 and PowerPC architectures.

It has been developed by Pavel Kanzelsberger since 1997 and is still in heavy development. In 2005, the first release candidates appeared and once all the bugs are fixed, a final release may be ready by September 2005.

Czech Computer magazine made image editors comparison again, just one year after previous one. In November 2004, Pixel got 4th place (among programs like Photoshop, Photo Paint, Paint Shop Pro, Ulead PhotoImpact and GIMP). This year Pixel got great 2nd (PDF, 400kb) place, loosing only 2% right after Photoshop CS2 and leaving others behind. They of course ignored fact that Pixel is still beta.

</blockquote>
    Make sure you take a look at the screenshots.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

the application is also running quite fine. It crashs quite often while loading images, but the handling is okay and it runs definitively faster than photoshop or paintshop

Christian

Hopefully he will sort out the stability problems and it can take it's place amongst the great image manipulation programs out there.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Beat GIMP... well thats something.

Esp. considering that GIMP is the GNU/OpenSource poster child for graphics editing in Linux.

Ooops! Not top dog anymore...

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Pavel has emailed me to say that a Beta 5 release is due out soon which should address most of the stability issues.

i already brought it, but i figured out there are still some annoying bugs inside Especially this image causes always a crash while opening...

Christian

My favorite is ReaConverter photo editing software. I have just downloaded that it contains anything a digital camera owner might need to correct or enhance their photos.
    make images more more attractive.......