Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I'm Back

Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that I have re-assumed the position of Site/Staff Manager here at PGD. I hope that you will all enjoy my return and that I can help make things more exciting around here. If you have any ideas or what to help out drop me a line and I will discuss your ideas here or via PM.

*sigh* It's nice to be back.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Re: I'm Back

best wishes
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Blog Entries

Yea, same here. Time to get PGD rolling again right?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that I have re-assumed the position of Site/Staff Manager here at PGD. I hope that you will all enjoy my return and that I can help make things more exciting around here. If you have any ideas or what to help out drop me a line and I will discuss your ideas here or via PM.

*sigh* It's nice to be back.
    Welcome back Jason! Woo Hoo!

cheers,
    Paul

Great! We need you here.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Welcome back WILL !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Welcome back!
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    A year to date since I came back to run PGD. How do you all think I'm doing so far?

I plan on doing more, don't worry. I've been very busy with work lately so I've been a bit quieter than usual. I have managed to add a few new things to the community as well as bring back much of what made this place so great in the first place. I'm usually better at lists so here we are...

Stuff I brought back:

• Front page News posting with comments
    • Regularly posted news post about whats going on out there
    • Community written Tutorials
    • Community competitions
    • Closer ties with the makers of Delphi (sort of)
    • RSS Feeds so you can keep up-to-date on all things P, G and D!

New things I've added:

• Nice new site layout (bug-free)
    • Social network announcements (hear about us on YouTube, Twitter & Facebook)
    • PGD community based Blogging
    • New mini competitions via PGD Challenge
    • Video Tutorials section
    • Interviews section (just started)
    • AJAX-based chat system (testing)
    • Our German and Russian counter-parts have never been closer to us than now with their included participation
    • Students are getting excited and posting here on PGD now thanks to Dr. Norman Morrison and my own personal interests in getting young people interested in learning Pascal again.
    • Other new affiliates which we only recently started pursuing better ties with this last year.

Well those are my lists. I hope that you all have been appreciating all the hard work I've been putting into getting PGD back up on it's feet like before. I know that between the long lull and all the site changes it's been difficult to keep tied to PGD like before for some, but like I said last year when I cam back, we are only moving forward and so far I think it's been a very productive year.

Despite all of the ups and downs of the Delphi tools we;ve been here for a long time and we will continue to be here until the last man stops using any kind of Pascal language to make games.

Feedback, as always, warmly welcomed. (Even the bad stuff. )
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I think you're doing more than we could ever ask for. I'm pretty sure PGD's state would be far worse if you weren't behind the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    [*]New mini competitions via PGD Challenge
    I was very happy about that, not least to keep is fairly tight (so you don't have to use the whole summer to stand a chance) and with a theme.
    [*]Students are getting excited and posting here on PGD now thanks to Dr. Norman Morrison and my own personal interests in getting young people interested in learning Pascal again.
    This is particularly important. We have the right tools, we only need someone to tell the students about them. I would like to teach Pascal here but nobody seems to remember it and nobody knows how good it is. I know, but my courses are 3rd year and up and I don't have time to introduce a new language in such courses. They do teach Ada at lower grades but nobody seem to follow that up.

And of course those of us who are veterans need some patience with the newbies so they feel welcome. I think the community is pretty good at that.

Bad stuff? None that I can think of, really. It would be good with a bit more traffic, but you are definitely doing the right things to encourage that. (I am here much more often than before, that can be a positive sign.) I need more Mac/iOS people here to get more people doing things I do but there is some iOS interest so that isn't too bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast