Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should the 3rd Website's Colors be?

Blog Entries

Re: What should the 3rd Website's Colors be?

Here is a preview of the Blue & Gold Theme.

I was thinking of having the lighter blue background panel where the news text is displayed on top of changed from light blue to white so that the news and other text won't look so dull. Other than that I kinda like this theme...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Here is a preview of the Blue & Gold Theme.

I was thinking of having the lighter blue background panel where the news text is displayed on top of changed from light blue to white so that the news and other text won't look so dull. Other than that I kinda like this theme...
    hmm...I can't see ANY preview...

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I try those links and get this error:

An Error Has Occurred!
    It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board.
    cheers,
    Paul

Weird. I have looked at the permissions and you should be able to both view as well as upload them. You can view them here Screen 1, Screen 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Weird. I have looked at the permissions and you should be able to both view as well as upload them. You can view them here Screen 1, Screen 2 as well.

Weird, I just tried clicking on the links I put in the quotes here at home and it downloaded the images!

EDIT: hmm...very very nice! I love that colour scheme with the light blues and gold bits

Very easy on the eyes too

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries

Thanks Alex, I never could get attached images (or links in the news posts for that matter) to work on this version of the site. I hope that vBulletin will resolve this little debacle.

I'll also be designing a new logo for the site/community. That is unless someone else does a better job and wants a crack at it...? If anyone does however, just a heads up; do it really big! I mean, we can take it a print it on t-shirts and a huge poster at 300-600 dpi big. Nothing worse than trying to make a small 256 x 256 image fit onto a single 8.5 x 11 inch sized print at 300 dpi.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Thanks Alex, I never could get attached images (or links in the news posts for that matter) to work on this version of the site. I hope that vBulletin will resolve this little debacle.

I'll also be designing a new logo for the site/community. That is unless someone else does a better job and wants a crack at it...? If anyone does however, just a heads up; do it really big! I mean, we can take it a print it on t-shirts and a huge poster at 300-600 dpi big. Nothing worse than trying to make a small 256 x 256 image fit onto a single 8.5 x 11 inch sized print at 300 dpi.
    Sooo SVG or another vector. That way you could print at 900dpi on a 1280x768 foot poster and it'd still look good.

Blog Entries

Well a vector-based format would be better, yes. I'm not sure what Photoshop 7's compatibility with SVG is though. That would be only my concern as I still use that very version for all my graphics work. I can't stand the newer versions of Photoshop.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well a vector-based format would be better, yes. I'm not sure what Photoshop 7's compatibility with SVG is though. That would be only my concern as I still use that very version for all my graphics work. I can't stand the newer versions of Photoshop.
    Photoshop and GIMP are raster graphics editors, they don't typically do SVG well or at all. You'd have to use Inkscape or Illustrator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12