Thread: The New PGD Starts Tomorrow!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, I see once again the total /FAIL/ at web design with all the fonts declared in a undersized px metric... Though that's typical for the fat bloated train wreck that is vBulletin -- especially version 4. Sad when I'd rank this lower than phpBB, which is on my total *** list.

Particularly laughing at the invisible links in the footer... though at LEAST the content text has legible contrast, so unlike previous incarnations I won't have to use user CSS to override the color scheme just to make it legible -- all I have to do is dive for the zoom to increase it to 160%.

Basically, a mixed reaction. I hate vBull because of it's bloat and outdated markup circa 1997, where it blows 600+K to deliver 14k of plaintext. (say no to javascript libraries!)... and I hate having to dive for the zoom due to font declarations on content that should NEVER be done that way... but at the same time the color scheme is a VAST improvement.

If anything, it feels like a step sideways instead of forwards.
    Last edited by deathshadow; 14-09-2010 at 04:30 AM.
    The accessibility of a website from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of designers and owners. It is its natural manure