Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Staff - new Delphi Game Developer Community Site

Blog Entries

The Staff - new Delphi Game Developer Community Site

Who would like to be a part of this new site? This can be actually being a part of the staff or just writting tutorials and articals on a "part-time" basis.

So... If you want to join us tell us:

:arrow: How you want to help(What jobs you want, list 'em)

AND

:arrow: How much time you can spend on it. (Part-time/Full-time)

[Once we have enough people to call 'Staff' we can then make a new thread for ideas on how to start and where to start.]

[EDIT: forgot to mention that the following people have already stated that they want to help out: BlueCat, myself, Traveler, Avatar and Shadowcore ]

Ok first mine:

:arrow: I can help with; News, Tutorials(not many but I have an idea for a series of them now), moderating some forums and some of the new sites design(depending on how 'in-depth' it is)

:arrow: Ok Mr. Hypocrite peaks now... Not alot. I will have brief times here and there that will allow me to do the bigger things, but most of the time it'll be little attention allowed. And with my new job I'll be sent off for periods on months some times(but not that often). I have to move soon and that doesn't help too much either. But, I'll have to see.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

As mentioned earlier, I'm more interested in the technical part of the story. Design, building and eventually maintenance of the site.

How much time you can spend on it. (Part-time/Full-time)
    I do also have a job and my own website to maintain, but I think I can offer anything between 5 to 10 hours per week. Although I do expect that once the site is up and running, less time is required for maintenance. Especially if more people are maintaining the website.

I posted a little news item that your looking for staffers for the new DGDev. If you do an 88x31 button banner I'll add it to the main page.

Also, I'll update the offsite forms to reflect DGDev's forums...

Anything else I can do to help out?

Blog Entries

Thats excellent Turbo, thanks for the help. We might have to wait on the banner until we decide on an official name for the new site, but as soon as we do, I'm sure I(or one of us) can whip one up.

So far I think that the request for staffers is good enough so far. We are waitting on some important discussions to conclude and then we can really set a direction. I promise to keep everone up to date with the outcome.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I would love to help out

I have a full time job, family (3 kids) so probably will not have all that much time.

I would like to do tutorials - either general Delphi related of DelphiX as I dont really have time to learn the other technologies.

I would be willing to do a series on writing a simple game - probably a tile based game - using a step by step tutorial approach. (I actually started it but never continued )

I can also help by finding interesting code snippets - eg Creating a tool band inside internet explorer, reading the windows user name etc etc - These are things that I collect for myself anyway
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

I am also willing to run community projects. These would be open projects that anyone can submit code for.

My suggested projects would be:
    A simple shooter game (maybe redo my retro TimePilot entry)
    A tile based game
    An Isometric game.

The source code would be made readily available and Open source.

I would do them all in DelphiX because I now know it and because it would be an easy entry point for beginners. My goal would be to progress through the project on an incremental basis designing each object etc.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Personnaly I can help with :

-DirectX : can be the DirectX Headers or DelphiX, especially Direct3D and Direct Draw.
    -Algorithms : if it's needed, I can explain the basis of the most current algorithms and give some examples in the domain of games.

This year I'm still a student, so I'll have some time to handle my projects. BUT (yes there's a but ^^) DGDev would not be my only project (actually I've got an other website and a video game). But I'll have some time to write for DGdev don't worry about that(but not 5 tuts a week ^^)

And, just remembered something ... We'll need somebody to correct all the mistakes I could make in a tut (since I'm not English, I can and I will make Mistakes).

cairnswm and Avatar: Thanks guys, that just the sort of thing we need. It's kind of you to offer your help, I know how hard it can be to commit to something when you already have plenty to do (especially the job and kids part ).

And don't worry about your English, we can help You could do a french (?) version too if you wanted.

I'd love to help out.. let me see..

I can help with HTML and graphic work (2D/3D)..

and I can spend a fair amount of time if need be, upwards of 10 hrs a week maybe.. depends on my work load, which changes every week.
    Borland baby!

And don't worry about your English, we can help You could do a french (?) version too if you wanted.
    In fact I've already planned to make a French version of all tuts I would make for DGDev because a friend of mine and I are building a small site on Delphi (Delphi-Depot) (it's a french site) . So I guess every tut I post on DGDev could be posted in french on Delphi-Depot lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast