Thread: PS3 linking!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar

Lightbulb PS3 linking!

Recently the PS3 was hacked.

Also a version of the Sony PS3 SDK was leaked.

Now, it's totally illegal to own, so I on that day, I didn't bother getting it.

But that very night, I had a dream!

In this dream, I had downloaded version 1.92 of the SDK and I was experimenting with linking compiled PPU64 code (Freepascal) into a C++ framework written using the SDK. I first wrote a C module and a pascal header to wrap up some common GL functions (present in the SDK) for use in my Pascal code. Then, using this header I compiled a Freepascal module that did some random GL stuff. Then, in my C++ framework using a C header for the pascal module I passed control of the rendering thread to the pascal code (by calling various functions present in the pascal module, exposed via the C header)

Compiled that, did the final linking, wrapped it up into a PKG and installed it on my Jailbroken PS3, IT WORKED! I'd written Object Pascal code for the PS3 and it was actually working!

Then I woke up.

"Amazing" I thought to myself, if only I wasn't a law abiding citizen I might just give that a go.

EDIT : I had an equally sucessful dream about doing this on the OLD Xbox 1 (using the leaked MS SDK, not cheating under linux) which is probably why I had this dream..
    Last edited by phibermon; 09-10-2010 at 02:40 PM.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.