Almost half a year since the last post here ok not really but things are going nicely. OpenGl is speeding Prometheus up, I'm testing it on windows x86 and x64 Ubuntu x64 and meego i586 at the moment, but the theory is, if you have sdl/opengl it should work for you.

from revision 42 onwards, sdl is being phased out for better performance (keeping a gl texture and a sdl_surface in memory is too much), rotation, scaling, resizing, drawing, loading, tileset support, basic XML support, event management support are all functionality that should be working on r42 only to name a few...

Hopefully new releases will not be so far apart in the future since I've been on a bit of a development break lately.

Oh, and lastly, the tutorials I am writing as part of the PGD tutorial base programme in sdl will also be ported, shortened and sped up in prometheus too so if you're after a library to speed up your dive into programming feel free to check it out.

Almost forgot, I'm writing up all spec data on prometheus so you all know what uses what (openal, opengl, sdl) where its development is at, changes that will be made and etc.

Stay tuned,
code_glitch