Thread: Prometheus News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Prometheus News

Hey all to the new and very shiny Prometheus forums (thanks will). This post just to let you know Prometheus is no longer on google code (painful) and now on sourceforge here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/prometheuslib/files/ but since I have only just set this up, I have yet to add the content.

Keep your eyes peeled on this thread/post for any new prometheus news.

cheers,
    code_glitch
    Last edited by code_glitch; 10-10-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    A quick update, due to recent time constraints, I find that I am too busy working on schoolwork, being a part of the PGD community and working on my code to fully support musicality, and thus will anounce its discontinuation. Sorry if you were expecting it soon like I'd originally hoped but I just dont have the time or resources to work on it any more. I will still throw in a few lines now and then but other than that I have to proclaim it dead. But if you want the source code just PM and I will send it to you.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Again, another quick update:
    -The documentation has started taking shape so it will make more sense to users
    -In the interest of performance I have started moving bottleneck features to OpenGl (yes rotations and zooms, I'm looking at you)
    -The long awaited OpenAl audio unit is finally almost here (its glitchy and only ogg at the moment folks, but that'll be fixed soon)
    -The colour system (library management) is switching to variable management
    -A new datatype Image will replace pSdl_Surface for video data
    -The event management system will soon be updated for performance, common sense and compatibility

hope that fills you in on the time since the last update. Don't know if anyone reads this anymore, but if you do/are reading this, I haven't been slacking off (too much) , even with a major system crash...

cheers,
    code_glitch.

Ps: these updates due for release later this week to early next week.

Blog Entries
    Just to let you all know, I am still working on this library. Just had a quick dev break for coursework, but now that everything is easing up a little I might get some free time...

Sorry for the wait. Hope to get the ball rolling again super soon. Just as soon as I figure out where I left off in the OpenAl code...

Blog Entries
    More news: Just got some free time and round to that architectural update for Prometheus_Audio. Looks like the final file types will be OGG and WAV. Wav only at the moment, and a glitch prevails: only one file can play at once... but that wont last long. Got there in the end; things are looking cleaner:

Code:
    program WavDemo();

uses
       Prometheus_Audio;

var
       SomeSong: Audio;

begin
       PrometheusAudio_Start();

LoadAudio('AudioFile.wav', SomeSong);
       PlayAudio(SomeSong);

PrometheusAudio_Stop();
    end.
    Looking good so far if you ask me. Some major tweaks coming up though. Maybe a release later today. (Been working on it all morning) XD

Blog Entries
    And once again I find myself updating here: Have been committing a bit less lately since its near the end of the year all teachers decide they have to test you on everything *sigh* but heres the current development focus:

-Fire n forget approach to things eg: you make an object that rotates, you don't have to call an update function. Ever. Same thing for updating the screen. Also applies to audio as it updates the buffer on its own thanks to multi threading.
    -A more comprehensive range of drawing procedures and functions for graphics including primitives, and am experimenting with gradient fills (not going too well).
    -For the core unit, I'm working on a new type of resource file with its own editor for databases and for packing files along with new resource management.
    -I am about to get a tablet - multi touch support would be nice XD. This is still in the is it feasible stage but there is a chance it will be in there for an early 2011 sdl release and an optimised Gl release later on.

The timescales aren't pretty but I have plenty to go through - especially since I am now an IT techie for our company (hooraah) as a part of the Young Enterprise sheme ongoing here in the UK.