'load sounds' that is on its way. Its already possible to do so with the current sdl_mixer based release of Prometheus_Audio but has high memory usage as it loads the entire sound to ram... Textures from stream is partially implemented since it can load from Sdl surfaces in memory with the Image.LoadFromSurface() procedure and collision functions is a neat one I did not think of yet (weekend coding perhaps) once the bugs in my new opengl code and memory optimisations are sorted.

In terms of the engine you mentioned, it is not really direct competition since Prometheus or PrometheusLib (full name) is not an engine in itself but a colelction of data types, functions and procedure much like sdl to make coding a lot easier whilst retaining the best flexibility. However, one of my main focuses is on performance which is usually improved on every revision. (ran some benchmarks a while back here: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...c-benchmarking but might I add we are now 15 revisions later. Unfortunately I am in the process of writing the documentation so it may be cumbersome to pick up although nearer the start of the project I wrote this article which may give you a feel of what prometheus aims to achieve for making coding easier: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...brief-overview

however, the last link is seriously old and considerably slower it gives a good rough idea on the project...

Hope this helped you in some way and since I am getting quite a bit of free time expect many new releases in the next few weeks. Major one coming up this weekend.

PS: Do NOT use the latest release of prometheus, it is riddled with bugs as meego experimentation revealed... I would revert to r37 or around there until I commit the next revision. Almost forgot, due to my over-zealous linking of external libraries prometheus binaries are around 700kb but use 1-4 megs of ram for simple applications... If you are planning to run this on am Amstrad you may encounter problems. Although I doubt they have opengl anyways

EDIT: scratch that going back revisions, new revision out wed-thur. I'd recommend waiting it out until then if you can XD