Thread: Prometheus News

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Well, heres where it stands as of now...

-Fixed some behaviour of some functions in PM_TextUtils.
    -Loading maps from TMX files now supports properties for the Map, Tiles and Layers. All the places I could find in TileD to save properties in other words.

Whats open in geany right now and being worked on:
    -Collisions (2d simple geometric)
    -Base64 encoding 'support' to work with Base64 strings - useful for those base64 TMX files and much more I'm sure...
    -FBO and other image utilities

Edit/Minor update:
    While playing around with the slightly flaky X11 windows system I implemented in Prometheus - specifically, as a result of working with resizing and getting things to run smoother, a bug in keyboard key repeats was found. Said bug seems to be a little hard to pin to a wall to zap with some DDT, as I need to run a line when the X server wants to kill the program - after it has finished running, but before it is actually killed...

In the process of messing with contexts and what not a stunning discovery was made: Multiple windows and multiple X displays could be used. Simultaneously. Now although its a bit of a pain to work accross windows/screens, if I could update some multithreading code I wrote a while back and have an easy way of 'plugging in' said thread to each display...

At any rate - there Base64 on its way, some bug fixes, better usability and excitingly: multithreading and multi-window and multi-display support coming out of the box in the near future.

PS: the earlier mention to BMP loading is actually a massive bug in itelf: Only the file header recongition and generic loader code was implemented...
    Last edited by code_glitch; 09-09-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.