Thread: Musicality - Guitar hero PC

Blog Entries

Wink Musicality - Guitar hero PC

As I said earlier, I've started working on a new demo program (music one) to demonstrate the new ability of Prometheus units. I've decided on a Guitar hero game for pc and the name Musicality. If any of you have played accurads (i think its called) or supersonic wii (great game, especially for homebrew) this is a bit like that. The theme is weird, but after an hour of "WTF AM I DOING" comments by me at fpc, i did get this far in a 'more' sustainable architecture.

Those of you whom will look at the code when it gets somewhere will no doubt say WTF but I got the idea after looking at some delphi and lazarus .pas files in programmers notepad (never used any RAD environment like lazarus or delphi ever) thought it wasnt a bad idea. So this is some retro kid attempting to use the architecture for a fpc only game... yipee yay.

cheers,
    code_glitch.

Musicality first beta in two weeks or so I think. Depends on how many damn GCSE assessments find their way to me in the next few days. Damn it. (screenshot attached)
    Oh and sorry for the multiple attachments, but you cant fit a decent screenshot in 16kb of image... so i had to zip it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Looking great! Looking forward to more

PS. I like how you describe your location: "UK (England, the bigger bit)" hehe
    PSS. I noticed you are using Vista - welcome to the "club"

cheers,
    Paul

This looks interesting. It would probably be the first music game ever, written in pascal. But where will you get the music for this game. Write it yourself?? :?

Until now, I didn't notice that your Prometheus Lib has got it's own subforum here. Nice.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries
    PSS. I noticed you are using Vista - welcome to the "club"
    Actually, I have 2 main machines which run Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 7 Home premium x64, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and ubuntu 10.04TLS (you guessed it) x64... Vista isn't always the greatest boat to be in, so I'm glad I have dual-boot setups. Sometimes, a nice plain linux distro is so refreshing if you know what I mean...

Also, as for the music, I think a lot of wav samples on different frequencies might be of use, and you actually play the music; as in you hit a note and it plays a drone and you have to hit as many of the notes scrolling past as you can to hear a more complete song.

Its not final yet, but I'm working on it.

cheers,
    code_glitch
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.