Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reading Sprites....

Reading Sprites....

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfurrows
    Right! I have been working on the thing for the past week and i am not too sure about the whole thing....
    If you could create that application u were talking about that would be really great. Thanks Alimonster
    I'll see what I can whip up tonight. Sorry about the little delay -- I've been watching movies on my PC rather than reading forums, etc.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

Reading Sprites....

I'd like to apologise for the delay once more. I started working on some example code and realised that I was making a tool that might be useful for some other stuff that I'm doing (tutorials et al). I've been working on-and-off so that the app is more solid, and it's slowly getting there (pic). The idea is that you'll be able to choose a tileset and then add your own rectangles, resizing them appropriately. You can then save all the coords to a file for easy loading.

It's still a day or two from completion. I'll try not being so lazy and will hopefully finish it real soon, after which I can get on with showing you some decent examples!
    <br />-- Aristotle

Reading Sprites....

Hi there....it has been a while since last visited the forum and i have to say that i am totally dissapointed....if i was going to wait for a reply to my question i would still be in the dark..The last post in my question was on September 2003!!!!!!.....and it was supposed to be a day or two from completion.... :?
    I can see that everyone is more or less busy at the moment with the new developments of the site but i would expect that when someone says that can deliver something to deliver it.... :shock:
    I would like to know the opinions of other newbies on the subject....thnx again...

cya all

Reading Sprites....

Frankly, I forgot about completing this utility due to commitments at work and you didn't remind me. If you'd sent me a private message then I would have remembered about it (it's not the first time I've forgotten about a task and it won't be the last - those who don't ask don't get).

I guarantee that I'll upload a beta version of the thing tomorrow evening - it may well contain bugs, but it will be there.
    <br />-- Aristotle

Reading Sprites....

No need to be annoyed about it, noone here gets paid to answer anything to spend time helping anyone and from what I can see in this thread people have been trying to help.

Nobody guaranteed anything either, it said "hopefully" as far as I can see, and people happen do things like work here and can forget. If you don't check in for 7 months people might just think you didn't bother and they focused on something else, I know I would have done so.

Time passes, goals changes, people change, their situation changes, that's life get used to it.

I would like to know the opinions of other newbies on the subject....thnx again...
    Hi, I'm Eriken, and I'm a newbie..

The guys here are great, and I've learned loads from them.. Be thankful and ask more, instead of complain, and they might even want to help you next time.
    _____
    Eriken

---- It's past midnight, I ran out of sympathy several hours ago ----

Reading Sprites....

Hi again,
    I am actually logging in quite often but simply i dont post. I have learned in my life not to pressure people by asking something all the time. If i get a positive reply then i simply wait for a result.
    I never said that the guys are not great. What i am saying is that u should more effort in order to attract more newbies in this wonderfull programming languages.

Reading Sprites....

Hi again,
    I am actually logging in quite often but simply i dont post. I have learned in my life not to pressure people by asking something all the time. If i get a positive reply then i simply wait for a result.
    I never said that the guys are not great. What i am saying is that u should more effort in order to attract more newbies in this wonderfull programming languages.
    Thank you for not wanting to pressurize me, but really - I need it. I spread myself too thin when it comes to trying to help, so sometimes I simply forget to finish tasks (I think there's another thread at DGDev somewhere where I did exactly the same - something to do with optimizing some code, possibly started by Tux). For future reference, if it seems like I've not responded for a while after saying I would (maybe after a four or five day delay), then I should be private messaged because the most likely reason is that I forgot.

I'd like to apologise for my slackness here. Rest assured, we do try to help where we can, and I don't always suck at trying to help others...

We do try to help newbies where possible. I'll turn this topic (basic animation for sprites) into a tutorial if you want.
    <br />-- Aristotle

Reading Sprites....

Here's the very first (probably buggy) version. Expect oddities like buttons disabling or being enabled at inappropriate times, since I've not thoroughly tested any of it. I'll enhance it and fix it up later - it's not really suitable for anything except a quick look around the interface, although it can save and load animations.

Future enhancements include:

* resizing anchors for the selections
    * better preview controls (timeline, forward/back, etc.)
    * fix any outstanding bugs
    * file history
    * anything else I can think of
    * make the web page nicer!

The idea is that you load a tileset (e.g. one from here). You then add invididual rectangular selections for individual pictures within the tileset. You can create sequences for animation - each sequence has frames, which can be displayed in order. Clear as mud, no?
    <br />-- Aristotle

Reading Sprites....

thnx Ali...i ll look into it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12