Thread: A-Level Results! (UK)

A-Level Results! (UK)

Well, I got my results this morning.

For those who want to know, I got:
    Physics - A
    Maths - B
    Chemistry - B
    ICT - B

Which means I have got into Birmingham University to study Computer Systems Engineering.

Anyone else take A-Levels this year?

Comfortingly, the front of the Metro (free London paper), says "A-Levels are meaningless". Which is nice.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

A-Level Results! (UK)

Not sure what's best in your world.. since you got in I can always say

[size=24px]CONGRATULATIONS![/size]
    _____
    Eriken

A-Level Results! (UK)

Thanks Eriken, that was pretty damn quick!

A-Levels are graded on a scale of A to E, where A is the best and E the worst. There is also U, which stands for unclassified i.e. failed.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

A-Level Results! (UK)

Congrats! Make sure to enjoy university (and the time until then!). It's a whole new world, but with cheaper booze.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

A-Level Results! (UK)

Congrats Useless!!!!

It's party time !!!!! :fuzzy: :viking: :joker:

A-Level Results! (UK)

Congrats!!! Univeristy, that should be an interesting experiment....
    -Sander

A-Level Results! (UK)

Computing - A
    Electronics - A
    Mathematics - C
    Physics Syl.B - C

Going to do... M.Comp 4 year degree

If I got a B in Maths I would have been going to York, but now Sheffield will be my beer consumption junction for the next 4 years

And I damn anyone who says that A-Levels are "Easy", "Meaningless", etcetc..

A-Level Results! (UK)

A-Levels are easy and meaningless :twisted:

Well done Zanthos!

A-Level Results! (UK)

Well done Zanthos, but A-levels really are meaningless over here, unless you want to go into medicine
    -Sander

A-Level Results! (UK)

Well done, Zanthos, and sorry about the Maths!

Further analysis of my results shows I was just 6 marks (out of 600 i.e. 1%) below an A grade in Mathematics, which is especially annoying as Birmingham University give a grant of AĴ£1000 to engineering students with at least grades AAB.

I don't know how people can say that the A-Levels are being made easier; my Maths and Chemistry exams were damn hard, although Physics was rediculously easy IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast