Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: quad-engine

Blog Entries
    Just a thought, but will you be releasing the source of the engine or any of the other products on your site? Just wondering...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Hmmm, engine won't be open source? Only dcu's for "over9000" versions of Delphi? dll with interfaces would be more correct solution for closed source engine. Or you can compile Quad Engine under Lazarus and provide ppu files.
    So if it is real, I'll make a copy for lazarus too.
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Just a thought, but will you be releasing the source of the engine or any of the other products on your site? Just wondering...
    No, I will not releasing the source of the engine or any other tools. It is not opensource.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthman
    No, I will not releasing the source of the engine or any other tools. It is not opensource.
    Oh, this will narrow the range of users, if you don't add some killer-features except shaders.

No. It will not. Because you really don't need any sources for using that stuff. And there is always will be direct access to D3D device and textures.

Blog Entries
    D3D device and textures.
    Sorry, but I had to leave windows. I was hoping to get the source so I could some of it in cross platform development. I guess not. And for some reason I dont think D3D stuff will work at too good of a speed in a VM...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthman View Post
    So if it is real, I'll make a copy for lazarus too.
    I think that many potential users of your engine would appreciate this. There is a growing number of Lazarus users with the growing costs of using Delphi. The other side to this is that Laz is becoming more and more stable and capable as a platform for making games, RAD Application designer not so much yet.

It's also a growing trend these days to move away from Windows and onto new and especially mobile platforms. Windows just isn't as 'sexy' as iOS or Mac OS X these days, too many games to compete with on those platforms, yet not as many to put yourself up against on the newer platforms.

It really does look like a solid engine, and I've spotted some of your past work so I know it would be something to use for sure. What other features were you thinking of adding to the engine? I also asked some questions before, but I don't know if you picked up on them.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    It really does look like a solid engine, and I've spotted some of your past work so I know it would be something to use for sure. What other features were you thinking of adding to the engine? I also asked some questions before, but I don't know if you picked up on them.
    What's about macOS and other... Quad uses DX9 render, so it cannot be capable with macos and linux without VM.

About features — I want to know what features do you want to see in it. So I can read, think about it and decide what to implement first.

«Great news, everyone!» Futurama

Multi threaded loading of game resources is added. Demo will come as soon as I benchmark my new GeForce 460. In a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthman
    Multi threaded loading of game resources is added.
    Interesting feature. Engine becoming more competitive

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast