Thread: 3D Gamecask Engine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't know. Terrible or not kudos for finishing it.

Quote Originally Posted by laggyluk View Post
    Don't know. Terrible or not kudos for finishing it.
    So I just bought the game for eleven dollars, and played it for two hours or so. Not to be rude but he does NOT deserve kudos for finishing it. It's an absolute nightmare. So bad that I wouldn't be surprised if it was simply the result of some kind of money laundering scheme or other financial shadiness. There's no way anyone who actually remotely wanted to make a good game would have possibly released it. You can't even change the resolution! Like, at all. The game is permanently fixed to this awful 4:3 aspect ratio that renders at what seems to be somewhere between 800x600 and 1024X768, and simply looks dire on a 1080p monitor. The supposedly advanced physics engine doesn't exist. All of the vehicles are ludicrously faster than they should be, which makes them all feel virtually identical, and it's essentially impossible not to crash into walls. There's also no way to customize the controls. And so on and so forth........ Now, interestingly, it appears the the underlying engine itself DOES actually exist, at least in some capacity. I ran ConstructionMachines.exe through IDR and it revealed a number of what seem to be addon units for GLScene.... "THGLSLPostSaturation", "THGLSLPostBloom", "THGLSLPostFilmGrain", e.t.c. So I'm left just being really curious as to whether the engine was actually good and was simply woefully underused in the game, or whether the engine itself was bad and the game reflected that in kind? We'll probably never know, unfortunately!
    Last edited by Akira13; 05-06-2017 at 03:12 AM.

No kudos then. If it's that terrible then maybe it was released only to finalize the deal with publisher? I know the name from local market and word is it puts quantity over quality