Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Gamecask Engine

Hi, this is very impressive indeed. Could you tell me how do you implement the screen space ambient occlusion?

This is the algorithm that I used:
    1. Create an Framebuffer Object FBO (you can use TGLFBORenderer from GLScene)
    2. Attach the color buffer to a texture (TGLFBORenderer can do it for you; or look at the source files, if you don't want to use GLScene)
    3. Attach the depth buffer to a texture (TGLFBORenderer can do it for you)
    4. Create your rotateMap texture (4x4 pixels is enough). You can imagine this texture as a sprite which will be imposed on the screen - this is your ambient shadow. (it seems to me that Bokeh Depth of Field uses similar technique)
    5. Read about Ambient Occlusion, shader techinques and write your SSAO shader (depthMap+rotateMap); or find a solution on the internet.

screenshot9

How goes the work on SSAO? Here is ready solution for GLScene:
    http://glscene.ru/e107_files/public/...o_glscene1.rar

My shader is very similar, but I added automatic change of size of ambient shadows and added fog.
    The size of SSAO is dependent on the camera's distance to the observed object and the fog covers SSAO in the further view.
    screenshot10

By the way, I made several improvements to the Depth of Field (blur was too strong) and now it looks perfect
    screenshot11

I need some help.
    I'm looking for graphics cards models (desktop computers), that do not support my shaders.

Please check techdemo.exe and write information about your video card, if an error occurs.
    http://www.gamecask.com/forum/root/r...s/techdemo2.7z
    Information should be similar, as shown below:
    <Your hardware/driver doesn't support shader "Parallax">
    I need this info to buy that card and find out what is wrong. Maybe this is not the best way to find bugs, but practical.

Until now, there are errors on the integrated ATI cards (I don't have any ATI card, and at least one would be handy).
    Last edited by mobilus; 20-12-2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: new link

Blog Entries
    If you could port that to Mac, I'd be happy to test it for you on my iMac. It has an ATI card which is not integrated, but a current one at least.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
    I tried to download it 3 times and I got a corrupted download. =(
    Sorry, now it works (checked):
    http://www.gamecask.com/forum/root/r...s/techdemo2.7z

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    If you could port that to Mac, I'd be happy to test it for you on my iMac. It has an ATI card which is not integrated, but a current one at least.
    First, I will try to port to XBox 360
    Theoretically it is possible.... I think so...

... and there are no problems with different drivers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilus View Post
    First, I will try to port to XBox 360
    Does that mean the first real usage of 'Oxygene for .NET' as a development tool for game development? That's pretty exciting actually. If you want help with such a task, you should contact RemObjects and tell them what you intend. I'm sure they will be more than helpful knowing what a milestone this would be for them.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

missing tons off shaders with my XFX Radeon HD6850 Black Edition

dont recommend to buy this expensive one, just look for an HD6000+ series with shader model 5.0
    you can get a new HD6450 for around 40euros, ebay might be alot cheaper for older cards

On my ATI Radeon 5750 (not integrated, 1024 GDDR5, Shader Model 5.0, latest drivers, should be a PowerColor card), I'm missing the shaders "bump", "shadow", "paralax2" and "paralax". After that, I get the message "Unbalanced shader application in ...ENGINE\GLSCENE\GLMaterial.pas, line 1140" and the only way to close the application is by killing the task with the task manager.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast