Thread: ZenGL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice work! I will have to check this out

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Very cool! I was wondering when some kind of announcement was going to come from this project.

I love the fact that it's all encompassing with it's features. One of the nicer things is that it's multi-thread supportive too. (Looking back to your loading demo you posted about before.) This will help games made with it run so much nicer on newer systems that have multi-core processors. ie. My iMac is a Quad Core i7 so the threading support will make a huge difference on my system for example.

All these new engines and game libraries coming out now, I'm going to have to bring back my game library guide for newcomers.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

This looks like it might replace my use of andorra and SDL. I am curious what "basic set of collision-functions" you have (based on a translated page), I am guessing it might be bounding-box, and circles. Polygon and pixel perfect would be marvelous, however these can require some effort...

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    it's multi-thread supportive too
    This version doesn't support this feature. There are a lot of work, that must be done(some functions must be modified(not only loading resources), and also there is something that I don't like in architecture ), so I decided not to include multi-threaded resource loading in this version.

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
    I am curious what "basic set of collision-functions" you have (based on a translated page)
    Some set of functions that check if points, rectangles, circles and lines are collide. Oriented bounding-box maybe will be added later. I just have not thought about it, because didn't encountered with this.
    Last edited by Andru; 11-11-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh ok, well then I don't like it anymore. lol Just kidding, but it was a really neat demo. It would be good to have such features in your game engine eventually.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hm, I get an "Error while linking" under Ubuntu 10.10 (for any demo). I'm about to reboot and try it under win7.

Hm, I get an "Error while linking" under Ubuntu 10.10 (for any demo)
    Just read Compilation help You must install these packages:
    - libgl1-mesa-dev
    - libglu1-mesa-dev

all other needed packages comes with fpc 2.4.0 from Ubuntu repository(I don't know what about deb's on official website). And I want to warn you - demo08 will not work, if you don't put some dll's(libogg and other) to bin directory You can download them here
    Last edited by Andru; 16-11-2010 at 06:20 AM.