Thread: trying to compile NDS examples

trying to compile NDS examples

when I run the make file in windows it tries to compile a windows binary,

how do I make the examples?

Blog Entries
    Hmm, this is tricky: an nds ROM (the file you want in the end) is an archive. The things that are compiled are TWO binaries, one for each core of the NDS. An ARM7 core and the ARM9 core. For me that's what put me off development, but if anyone else out there could answer how to get this to work I might get back in the scene. JUst bear that in mind: two cpus and thats something I haven't worked out. Any FPC pros?>> XD

And slenkar, dont give up: where there's a will theres a way (excuse the pun, but both meanings are so true)
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

i got it to work here:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...DS-development

all of the examples from libnds work,

I havent tried doing any programming on it yet though, just trying to get used to freepascal first

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Hmm, this is tricky: an nds ROM (the file you want in the end) is an archive. The things that are compiled are TWO binaries, one for each core of the NDS. An ARM7 core and the ARM9 core. For me that's what put me off development, but if anyone else out there could answer how to get this to work I might get back in the scene. JUst bear that in mind: two cpus and thats something I haven't worked out. Any FPC pros?>> XD
    That is (partially) true: in most cases you don't need to touch the ARM7 core at all (as for the official SDK), because the library provides a default arm7 core. In fact, using the ARM7 core is even discouraged now.
    By the way, the compiler itself takes care to call ndstool.exe (the tool that packages arm7 and arm9 binaries), so it spits out a working nds ROM in a single step.
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

I tried jedi-sdl for windows and it seemed nice, they say it works on DS, how would you use it?

Please, don't!
    SDL on nds was only a proof of concept. It works, yeah, but it is darn slow and it has some limitations (touch screen, double screen, sound) making it the worst choice for nds programming.
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!