Thread: News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    good for supporting theora video dec , is it possible to read theora video from memory stream ?

is it possible to read theora video from memory stream ?
    Yes. For any resource there are always file-reading and memory-reading functions in ZenGL. For video it is video_OpenFile and video_OpenMemory. Currently I have no ideas which video to use for standard demo, so... as soon as I got something interesting, I will add demo to svn

Congratulations for the Release!

If everything goes right, Dreams of a Geisha will be the next one! =)

Blog Entries
    More the merrier!

I'd like to see more than just Hidden Object games on the iPad from ZenGL however. So far the only non-hidden object game I've seen and can recall is Sushi Quest. Dreams of a Geisha would be the third genre from Pascal land put onto the iPad/iPhone. Any other ideas that could be done using ZenGL?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Any other ideas that could be done using ZenGL?
    ZenGL doesn't limit programmers in genres, so it can be anything

Blog Entries
    Well true, though hidden object games don't really show off the game library's capabilities. Something like a platformer or another kind of action-based game would do better to prove it's effectiveness to make exciting games with it.

Have there been any successful attempts at this level of game performance on real hardware using ZenGL? I'm sure it's possible, but with only point and click games to guage it's performance... why not create a freeware game to promote such use?

...especially if you are selling licences for iOS and Android developers.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder