Thread: SDL Quickie

Blog Entries

SDL Quickie

So anyway, still hard at work - now updated Prometheus' polygon and primitve support to add fills and etc...

I'm using the following code:

Code:
    procedure Primitive.Draw(X, Y: Int64);
    var
        c: Int64;
        XData, YData: array of PSInt16;

begin
        //extract data into simple array for sdl
        c := 0;
        repeat
    	c := c + 1;

XData[c - 1]^ := trunc(PointPosition[c].X); //dest is -1 as sdl array starts at 0 and Prometheus starts at 1
    	YData[c - 1]^ := trunc(PointPosition[c].Y);

until c >= Points;

if Points < 3 then
    	Exit;

PolygonRGBA( Sdl_GetVideoSurface(), XData, YData, Points, LineColour.R, LineColour.G, LineColour.B, LineColour.Alpha);
    end;
    Appart from the usual XData and YData not initialized errors I get the following:

Code:
    Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 3: Got "Dynamic Array Of PSInt16", expected "PSInt16"
    And I find that annoying since I know a PSint16 is a pointer to SInt16 which is a smallint. However on sdl_gfx's docs it says an ARRAY of data. How do I pass an array of data in a single PSInt16?

If anyone has any good example that would be much appreciated. Also, prometheus primitive does support 1 and 2 line polygons, but without fill. Duh.

Any help would be much appreciated - this one has me stumped.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

You need to cast the argument to the expected type in your call to PolygonRGBA. Try something like "PSInt16(@XData[0])".
    ZGameEditor - Develop 64kb games for Windows.
    Thrust for Vectrex - ROM-file and 6809 source code.