Want to work with me?
We have an opening on our product marketing team. If you're interested, let me know and I can submit your resume or you can submit it directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's the description of the position.
Senior Product Marketing Manager for Application Development Solutions
San Francisco, California
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. seeks a Senior Product Marketing Manager for its Application Development Solutions. This job is based in our San Francisco headquarters. Embarcaderoé─˘s Application Development products include Delphi, C++ Builder, Delphi Prism, and JBuilder and are used by millions of programmers worldwide.
As Senior Product Marketing Manager, you are the line-of-business owner for Embarcaderoé─˘s Application Development Solutions, a suite of world-class products
with millions of users worldwide. You will be responsible for developing the strategies for how we take those products to market to grow market share, outsmart competitors, and arm our global sales team. The focus is not solely on positioning product features, rather developing customer facing solution messages that speak to the problems your market is facing.
You will work with virtually every part of the organization, collaborating closely with your Product Management counterpart and leading new product introductions. This position will also have a product management component for the java IDE products. Youé─˘ll be responsible for understanding the entire sales cycle/funnel, setting and analyzing lead flow and conversion success metrics. Product Marketing is considered the content owner and editor so youé─˘ll set the priority topics while both creating content and leading the organizational resources to contribute various types of media such as bylines, blogs, video demos, webinars, and events.
Business driven, customer focused, energetic, and organized leader. Able to collaborate across teams and geographies. Strategic thinker with hands on expertise drives the development of product and campaign launches and owns messaging. Accountable for creating both sales tools and customer facing materials. Technology background in application development tools or programming a strong plus.
- Bacheloré─˘s degree required. An MBA is highly desirable.
- 10-15 years of product marketing experience in B2B software, application development products a big plus. Proven track record of success in high-profile, market-leading companies in rapidly
- changing and highly competitive industries.
- Excellent analytical skills and a passion for data driven marketing.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience crafting product messaging and bringing new products to market.
- For the product management component, ability to synthesize customer requirements, market drivers, and Company resources into product roadmaps and PRD type documents. Ability to
- communicate with both engineering and customers. Able to work in agile development environments.
- Track record of success in driving new user acquisition, usage, loyalty, and advocacy.
- Proven ability to translate technical specifications into consumer-facing information.
- Goes without saying for a PMM; influencer bordering on evangelist. Great writer, great communicator.
- Deep sales enablement experience. Great with sales teams. Able to create materials to train sales and get sales teams excited. Very familiar with problem discovery process.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and comfortable dealing with all levels of an organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with an intellectual curiosity and drive.
- Market validation experience. Ability to develop a deep understanding of user needs and behaviors to apply against marketing efforts, product feature development, and measurement of
- customer satisfaction. Have put together and executed on market research, product, and message validation. Gets on the phone, talks to customers. Ability to synthesize and analyze lots of input and data points.
- Experience being able to identify and develop new market segments; such as healthcare and federal verticals.
- Meticulously think through every aspect of the user experience, putting useré─˘s needs and expectations first as you develop clear, effective product messaging and collateral.