Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Linking Issues on MacOS X 10.6.5

The problem seems to be that the libSDLmain.a you made is 64 bit, which is done by default if you have Snow Leopard installed. You need to explicitly compile the library for i386 and PowerPC if you plan to make Universal Binaries.
    You can have my libSDLmain.a (it has i386, x64_64 and ppc all in one file): Download here

Edit: If you use my build script you might want to change CFBundleIdentifier and CFBundleSignature for your application.
    Last edited by Stoney; 09-01-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Awesome I guess we really need a tutorial for new Mac OS X users.
    Btw: If you would want or need to compile libSDLmain.a for yourself for i386 and ppc platforms you need to call this line
    gcc -c -o SDLMain.o SDLMain.m -I /Library/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Headers
    with an additional --arch i386 or --arch ppc parameter depending on which platform you need.
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Blog Entries
    Sweet - so I guess this is solved now! Hooray!

Quick note to apple: Windows users have functionality disabled in their versions of windows (unless you have ultimate). In your case, you either include functionality or you dont. For the next Mac OS X version - please include the functionality 'Common Sense' and 'Helpfulness'. I've never seen such a long thread for a simple linking issue. Apple: Pioneering in unexpected ways.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    I've never seen such a long thread for a simple linking issue.
    I guess if there was a tutorial for beginners on how to start with SDL and FreePascal on a Mac, most of this would be more clearer. Also FreePascal Mac support is quite new in regard to how long FPC for Windows and Linux have been around.
    It was worse when I started with Mac development about 2 1/2 years ago, there was even less information back then.
    Last edited by Stoney; 09-01-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Perhaps we should really write a good tutorial for beginners then. This might also include my next questions, regarding app bundles:

http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...2555#post52555

Blog Entries
    All tutorials welcome by me. I'm building a new website dedicated as a guide for programming in Object Pascal for the Mac. (and iOS devices too!)

I've been chanting how useful it would be to have one for so long it was only time before I would eventually make one. If you like, I can publish such an article on the site.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234