Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asphyre Sphinx v1.1.0

Blog Entries
    That's a good question. I'd love to start a few new game projects using Asphyre for the Mac. With OpenGL support in the library and Lazarus supporting Mac OS X and Delphi soon to have a Mac OS X version out this does give Afterwarp the opportunity to add Mac OS X to their supported platforms list and add support to their existing games for a Mac version.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well... I would love Asphyre to Support MacOS, so I can easily convert my current Asphyre Sphinx Games (Abra Academy and Abra Academy 2) to MacOS.

Anyway, I'm doing some tests with the new yet unreleased Phoenix Version, and I successfully get a Mac demo running today! =). Here is the compiled demo... http://wagenheimer.com/temp/ImageListMACOS_Demo.zip . Thanks again to Johannes Stein for all the help with this build. Andreas is quite busy now, But I hope soon we can have the first beta of this new Phoenix version. I have two new games almost ready using it.

The more engines we have multi-platform, best for the delphi gaming community. I hope Asphyre would be also be compatible with MAC and Linux soon.
    Last edited by WILL; 13-01-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Fixed a small typo in URL...

Blog Entries
    I agree. It would be a win-win for everybody to have Asphyre support for Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
    Here is the compiled demo...
    Downloaded to try it out. You should really start your own thread for this so we can continue to talk about it without stepping on Yuriy's thread. Once you've made the thread, I'll reply to it and let you know how it went.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
    The more engines we have multi-platform, best for the delphi gaming community. I hope Asphyre would be also be compatible with MAC and Linux soon.
    You're right, the more we have active projects like this, the more the community is alive !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

I can't get it working on Lazarus 0.9.29 r29190M FPC 2.4.2 i386-win32-win32/win64 (both: today's latest svn)

I get this error when compiling "basicL.lpi" demo:

Code:
    Compiling C:\Develop\lazarus\components\AsphyreSphinx110\Source\EventProviders.pas
    C:\Develop\lazarus\components\AsphyreSphinx110\Source\EventProviders.pas(138,12) Error: Illegal qualifier
    C:\Develop\lazarus\components\AsphyreSphinx110\Source\EventProviders.pas(138,12) Hint: may be pointer dereference is missing
    C:\Develop\lazarus\components\AsphyreSphinx110\Source\EventProviders.pas(138,12) Fatal: Syntax error, ")" expected but "identifier PRIORITY" found
    PS I can't register to http://dev.ixchels.net/ forum, cause "Image Verification" error: the captcha doesn't appear (white box) and it gives error (of course, I mean just loading the registration page, not entering wrong words):

Code:
    Input error: Invalid referer
    Thanks,
    Kjow

It doesn't compile with FPC 2.2.4 too. Seems there is some problems with EventProviders.pas code. I copied the file from 1.0.0 version and successfully compiled the demos

I wonder can we now compile the Windows Mobile games using OpenGL ES. I couldn't compile Basic demo using OpenGL ES to try it out on smartphone. But seems for now the engine doesn't supports ARM architecture.

Also OpenGL ES provider doesn't worked for me
    ...\GameEngines\AsphyreSphinx110\Source\OpenGL-ES\GLESDevices.pas(335,44) Error: identifier idents no member "ScanLine"

Compiling EventProviders.pas with FPC works if this unit is compiled with {$mode delphi}.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Compiling EventProviders.pas with FPC works if this unit is compiled with {$mode delphi}.
    Yep,now it works just fine!
    The Software Rasterizer and OpenGL ES doesn't work because Lazarus TBitmap doesn't have a Scanline property. But still OpenGL and DirectX providers works just fine

Sorry for the EventProvider confusion in FPC/Lazarus, before publishing I've tested the project and apparently it did compile, I'll add the necessary fixes.

Software Rasterizer provider is highly experimental, it hasn't been converted to FPC/Lazarus yet. OpenGL ES provider could work, but you'll have change the code that copies pixels using scanline property.

As for the captcha error on http://dev.ixchels.net, it's been fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12