Thread: Font Issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    - documentation. I was able to figure things out using the demos and the zengl source, but some form of documentation would help a lot.
    I'm working on it, but not fast(because it's boring ) and only on Russian version, later I will try to translate it(and I will need someone help, because my English is far from "good" )

- mouse support/trouble. If you forget to include the zengl mouse unit, but do use one of its functions, you get an access violation during runtime. It took me a long while to figure out where the error came from and would like to see better handling for this.
    Use ZenGL library and zglHeader.pas instead of advanced way with ZenGL units

- same goes for image loading, I forgot to add the font image in my resource directory with an access violation as a result. I'm not sure anymore if this particular case is mentioned in the log, I know it does for the usual images, but I'd like to see a different error in this case.
    Ok, I will try to do something with it(for example do not draw the Text when "pages" of font are not loaded).

- Is it possible to restrict fps while retaining smooth movement?
    The only way to do this is to turn on VSync(with scr_SetOptions or scr_SetVSync). Also for really smooth movement it's recommended to use SYS_UPDATE function with dt argument.

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa
    scr_SetVSync( true );
    scr_SetOptions( 800, 600, REFRESH_DEFAULT, FALSE, FALSE );
    if you want to use scr_SetVSync then it must be executed after scr_SetOptions(last argument of it also change VSync ).

About GUI. Old versions of ZenGL were with it. But that GUI subsystem was without skins and was very simple(only label, button, checkbox, radiobutton, listbox, combobox, groupbox, editbox and spinbutton, without windows). And it was procedural, like GTK under Linux Maybe when I will release ZenGL 0.2, I will continue work on it and include it in ZenGL 0.3.x branch.
    Last edited by Andru; 31-01-2011 at 04:18 PM.