Thread: Cannot find sdl_image.dcu.. How to force delphi to generate it?

Cannot find sdl_image.dcu.. How to force delphi to generate it?

Hey guys,

Allthough I'm fairly experienced with delphi, sometimes I run into some simple yet annoying problems. For example, I would like to run the "Aliens" demo now, which requires sdl_image. So I added "SDL_Image\pas\" to the search path (in project options, not enviroment), but it didn't help. It can't find the DCU (because it isn't there).

I thought that when I press Ctrl+F9 (build) delphi would automatically find all *.pas files used in the project and then generate the corresponding *.dcu's which are then used. Why isn't that the case now?

When does delphi turn *.pas into *.dcu EXACTLY?

Thanks
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Not sure if it helps, but Ctrl+F9 only compiles with out running...Shift+F9 actually does a build.

cheers,
    Paul

i think you should add pas files into Environment options ->library

i never used project option to add extra units

Arrgh.. this is kinda silly.

I am used to the interface of Delphi 7 and Delphi 2006, but recently I started using Delphi 2010. I accidently added all the paths in the settings for the "resource compiler" instead of the delphi compiler. It works now.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.