Thread: Glscene Ubuntu Working ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    There is no libc unit in FreePascal for 64-bit Linux, and not recommended to use it on 32-bit Linux. So, this is a problem with GLScene. Try to remove Libc from uses in GLSModuleLoader.pas, and add these functions after implementation:
    Code:
    function dlopen ( Name : PChar; Flags : longint) : Pointer; cdecl; external 'dl';
    function dlclose( Lib : Pointer) : Longint; cdecl; external 'dl';
    function dlsym  ( Lib : Pointer; Name : Pchar) : Pointer; cdecl; external 'dl';
    Maybe it will help, but I can't guarantee this
    Oh, and instead of doing this, then import the dl unit, or even better: the dynlibs unit
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Blog Entries
    It only just dawned on me: dude, no libc? WTF? I mean, I've seen so many libs use that and all I heard was that quite a few people weren't sure whether it was dead or not... Looks like I might need to do some cat and grep to find out if I have any dependencies on it...

At a point, wasn't there 2 libcs? I recall changing LibC to some other package and seeing everything compile fine
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

There's the libc unit and libc C library. The libc unit is very deprecated and stems from Kylix times
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Blog Entries
    Ah, then thats the one I must have recalled instead...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Seems to work just fine after I reinstalled the CodeTyphon,but I didn't tested the graphics thing since I only needed a few non visual components from this engine.
    Will try to compile few demos later on...