Thread: 2 questions ??

Question 2 questions ??

1- some computers when install windows7 Or XP on them the system directly install the VGA driver but the problem that the games that created by Glscene doesn't work until we install the VGA driver from the CD driver like nVidia Cards the system directly install the driver but the games don't work until we install the driver ( when the system install the driver the OpenGL version will be 1.1 but when I install the driver from the CD the version of Open Gl will be 1.3 or more )

is there any solution to this problem like for example install the OpenGL as DirectX

2- how can I know what my game needs ( VGA , Memory , CPU )

Please use puctuation in your posts! Your startpost is very hard to read because I dont see where the sentences end.

1. No, there is no solution for this problem. You have to live with this and tell your users to instal PROPER drivers. As far as I know there is not a single game/product that will do this for you, automatically.

2. Well, for small projects it's not really important to have detailed system requirements. You could however, check the taskmanager and see how much RAM/CPU your game consumes (test it on different systems). If you feel that a modern system is required in order to run the game, make up some approximate requirements. If you are using shaders or a specific DirectX version, you should mention that too (including the video-card models that meet your requirements).
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Unfortunately, OpenGL support can be a nightmare for a lot of people, because a number of the video card manufacturers don't put as much effort into the development of their OpenGL drivers as they do for their DirectX stuff, which is a sad state of affairs in itself. The other problem is that the "bog-standard" Windows drivers are often much older than what is currently available because the WHQL certification process is long and expensive (and a hassle), so video card manufacturers will only usually certify the original release version, and then just require people to download and install the latest drivers on their own.

As for your second question, the short answer is that the only way to know what hardware requirements your players will need is to just develop it and see. Obviously, there will be minimums, based on the level of technology you choose to require as mandatory (i.e., if you require Shader 2.x support, then any video hardware without that support won't work). During the development process, you will begin to get an idea what kind of iron your game is going to take to run it, and how well. Of course, part of the later development process for many games includes optimizations; you'll find all kinds of ways to speed up and slim down your game, and that will also impact the minimum requirements.

thank u so much for answering