Hi Alimonster

Hmmmm, Well i do normally use floats for sprite directional control, as it allows me to have precise direction using degrees, and only convert to integers to update the sprite.. As you say there is no real time penalty in this...

But still, whether one thinks in time, FPS or monitor refresh rate, the simple fact is that i fear our rudimentary computers are just not fast enough..... YET.... As the illusion of speed is gained only by jumping gaps rather than very quickly passing through each available point on the screen..

Bummer really , as in real life the apparent gap is extremely small and therfore appears continuous.... like light moves at 186,000 miles / sec so its refresh rate for moving 1pixel length makes our measure of FPS and display refresh Hz pathetic by comparison....

Of course this could lead to philosophic considerations regarding the nature of continuity and reality, but this is not the forum for that....

Still, we work with what we have CURRENTLY available and THX for your comments.....

BTW I am enjoying my recent return to programming and appreciate the replies to my questions from alllllllllllllllll...

Cheeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssss atozix